I Mustn't Allow Myself To Fall For The Prince

READER'S POV

It had been a few hours since I had been here at Hammerhead's petrol station. I haven't seen the guys in a while, but, I had nothing to worry about, I knew what they were up to. They're dealing with the pests that Cindy asked to get rid of until she calls them and lets them know about Dave who went off on a hunt and he hasn't been seen since. Dave will then ask them to take down a mutant Dualhorn and then they'll be back. 

It was late afternoon and I was starting to wonder if Noctis and the others were all right but, I had to believe they were all right and they were strong fighters and I knew that nothing bad was gonna happen to them. Right now, I was making grilled chicken skewers and for dessert, banana and strawberry tarts. Once the dessert was done, I checked on the skewers and they were almost ready.

"Hey (Y/n)!" Cindy called to me and I smiled at her.

"Hey, Cindy, what's up?"

"Just checking up on you and something smells nice."

"You're just in time, I've made some chicken skewers and some banana and strawberry tarts for dessert. I've made plenty for the boys and for you and Cid, call it my way of saying thanks for repairing the Regalia."

I said with a smile while handing over four skewers, two for Cindy and two for Cid. Cindy took the two skewers and she tried one of them.

"Yummy! these are delicious, those four fellas sure lucky to have a gal like you."

"Thanks."

I spoke with a smile and I checked with the rest of the skewers. Just then, we spotted four familiar people coming and it was the boys.

"Hey, boys!" I called out to them and then Prompto came over to me while smelling the food.

"Is that food I can smell?! please tell me it's good!"

"It's good all right, this gal is one five star chef!" Cindy said while patting me on the head.

The boys tried my cooking and they were happily munching on it. Prompto ate his skewer too quickly and he started choking. Ignis patted his back to help him swallow it or spit it out. I shook my head at him and then Noctis said to me.

"Good grief, Prompto."

"Oh leave him alone, besides, those guys love my cooking as much as you do," I said as I looked at his skewer which was only filled with meat since he didn't like vegetables.

Once we had food in our bellies, we headed over to the Regalia and she was good as new.

"Sorry 'bout the wait, ain't she purdy?"

"She's almost too good for the road," Gladio commented.

We looked at the Regalia and she looked gorgeous than she did before, even Prompto was happy about it.

"She's back!" Prompto spoke with a smile on his face. "We should all get a picture with her!"

Prompto gave his camera to Cindy and he showed her how it worked before we going into position to get the picture taken. Noctis, Prompto and I sat down or knelt in front of the Regalia while Gladio and Ignis stood next to her. Cindy took the picture and we were about to leave until Cindy came over to me and Noctis.

"All the more reason to ride with care. Oh, and before I forget, would y'all mind makin' a little delivery for me?"

"Not at all."

"Perfect. Thought you'd say yes, so I already put it in the trunk. There should be a motel on your way to Galdin, if y'all wouldn't mind giving that to the owner, that'd be swell."