Chapter 3: Yes, the last one was short.

And now we skip to later in my story…. I’m sick, because Archie got the elven flu and gave it to me. So, actually, we’re both sick. On top of that, we have to stay in the same room, and Isaac has to sit in there to babysit us with a mask on, and most of the time he just lets us argue until things get thrown while he reads a book. On the bright side, he usually tells Archie to shut up instead of me. However, only because I always start arguing with him over how it wasn’t my fault and Archie was the problem, which is about as believable as Elounor (if you don’t know what that is, you’ve proved half of my point). Still, insane me constantly complains about a lack of ability to go out and meet someone (which is the last of my personal concerns at the moment) and attempts to attack Isaac over it, then promptly is tasered by him and thrown back in bed. You’d think he’d learn, but no. No, that would make far too much sense… But yet, here I am, glaring at Archie, wishing I could be out dancing, drinking, finishing my education, something where I’m away from my family and not feeling like I’m going to throw up or die.

           “…I could be drinking a margarita and flirting with a senorita instead of getting the stank eye and a lecture on religion from Isaac if it weren’t for you.” I narrowed my eyes at him, then shivered and wrapped myself up like a blanket burrito. He scrunched up his baby faced features.

           “Ew. Not just the girls, but a margarita? Have some class.” I face-palmed. “And I don’t get why straight guys like boobs so much either, it’s just fat.” I wanted to face-palm more, but I really could not.

           “It’s just in our nature to be attracted to it, like you are to-”

           Isaac slammed a book down on a nightstand. Archie jumped, and I fell out of the bed, still in my burrito form.

           “It is indecent to talk about a woman’s- or man’s- body in such a way. Enough.” I rolled my eyes, just laying down on the floor still. It was actually pretty comfy.

           “Look, I know you think your all high and mighty and close to Mater, but you used to talk worse, about a lot of girls.”

           “….I have been forgiven for my past, and I never did anything … indecent with those women.” I sat up, starting to snicker.

           “Wait, wait wait wait… You still have the V-card?”

           “I don’t wish to discuss this subj-” I busted out laughing, rolling around on the floor, again still in burrito form. Archie started laughing with me. All of a sudden, the night stand hit me and lay broken next to me. My brother and I stared wide eyed at my brother, whose veins were popping out at this point. It was distracting enough for me to ignore the bruised rib I now had.

           “Both of you, shut the [UNICORNS] up! At least I don’t go around throwing my body this way and that! You’re both nothing but insignificant, incompetent MAN-WHORES.” He got up and stormed out of the room, and I saw his eyes watering slightly as he did. I felt bad only then. Archie was crying now too, which also killed me. I unwrapped myself and went over to him, hugging him.

           “He didn’t mean it Archie, he’s just…he’s just really mad at me.” Archie shook his head, pushed me away.