Chapter 5ish: Welcome back. Still Archie, though.

I stared at the old picture of us- just Peter and I- and tears were already slipping out of my eyes. I remember when we first met; hell, I remember every second I spent with him. Every damn one. I threw the frame at the wall, the glass in it shattering, burying my face in my hands.

           He forgot about me.

He was glad I was gone; he didn’t wait for me. He moved on.

                       He doesn’t love me. He never did, and he never will.

           Why would anyone love me?

                                   I’m an ugly piece of shit; I just hurt everyone I love.

                       I don’t deserve love.

I’ll die alone, and I’ll deserve it.

           These thoughts rooted into my mind, and hurt me further. My mind was a destructive whirlwind, breaking down the old walls I put up to protect me from myself, and causing me to go into a deep depression. Again.

           Peter was the only man I ever dated that loved me no matter what. He didn’t just want me around for sex, in fact, he was terrified that he’d do something wrong and lose me during such an act. I connected to him on a mental level- not just physical.

           So hearing he moved on felt like a bullet to the heart… which I wanted to feel, so I could see my world turn black, and the pain slowly melt away…

           When Isaac came rushing in to see what the crashing noise was all about, I was curled into a ball on the floor, my shirt soaked with my own tears, trembling. He had never seen me this bad, and I never wanted him to. He slowly picked up the picture and the glass pieces, throwing away the glass and gently setting the frame back in my drawer before picking me up and taking me to Peter himself…