Chapter Six(ish): The Drama continues... in the eyes of Peter.

I was just calmly reading my newspaper, preparing to go back home for the day when I heard a crash, then saw Isaac rushing to Archie’s room. Curious, I set down the newspaper and waited for Isaac to come back. He jogged in, a wet, depressing little ball of redhead in his arms. My brows furrowed, and I motioned for Isaac to bring him over. Isaac promptly set him in my lap after listening, waving goodbye to, no doubt, avoid the drama fest ahead. It took Archie a minute to realize he was in my lap, and he was immediately ten times more upset, punching me and yelling something about me being a heartless bastard and how much he hated me, so I hugged him. Tightly. I never meant to hurt him, why would I? I waited over five years for him to come back- I drank and flunked a class or two because of the depression that came along with losing him- but I finally got myself to let it go. I didn’t have to miss him any less, but I needed to accept it, and move on the best I could. And I did, for the most part. I was protecting myself from falling too far down into depression, and from disappointment or shame that would no doubt come from my family. I still loved Archie- and I still do. But the amount of pain his temporary loss gave me was enough to make me want to avoid him- but I couldn’t, and I wouldn’t. However, I would never cheat on Sam. Never, not for anyone for any reason. It was time for Archie to move on too.