Warmth...

     Warmth...

     I take a deep breath. The sun feels nice today. I feel it warming my skin. It feels like its seeping into my bones. Which is good because after the last month I feel cold all the way down to my bones. Breath in through my nose out through my mouth. I am trying to find a calm inside me. Keyword... "Trying."

     I truly believe this trip is just what I needed to try to mend the scattered feeling i have raging inside of me. A way to find peace and a calm so I can put my life back together. I have a month to do it too. 

     I think back on what happened last week and I shudder. It forces me to take a sip of my coffee just to quell the pain that is rising in my throat. Damn, sometimes I still cannot reconcile what happened. It feels weird being here without my fiance. God, I just cant believe I didn't know the man I was marrying. Shit... "I Dodged that bullet." I whisper. 

FLASHBACK

I'm in the bathroom checking my makeup. Its been hectic here at the rehearsal dinner. My sister's already acting out and my brother is already a drunken mess. I hope tomorrow goes better. I may have to tell the bartender at tomorrows reception to cut my brother off after 3 drinks, and have the wedding planner watch my sister. 

As I finish with my lipstick I hear a huge commotion in the dining area. I run out of the bathroom to see the horror before me. I start screaming...

"What the hell is going on here!" I'm yelling at the cops cuffing my husband.

"Back up mam, were just doing our job. We have a warrant for the arrest of  Nolan Heron for the murder of his wife and children on October  19th 2014." The tall skinny red headed officer calmly states. " What s your relation to Mr. Heron?"

"I am his Fiance. What do you mean he murdered his family? This must be a mistake his family died in a house fire, they were not murdered." I scream.

"Sorry Mam but we have the right guy. Consider yourself lucky mam, you could have been hurt..." He starts

"I don't believe you..." I state indigently.

"Mam if you'd come with us we have a few questions." The other officer asks.

"Let me get the wedding planner and let her know what is going on so she can manage here."

END OF FLASHBACK

    When it was all over I managed to get most of our deposits back if only out of pity. Our honeymoon on the other hand wasn't refundable, so here I am for a whole month. I am going to use this time to relax and restructure my life so I can begin again. 

     I am staying in a cabin home that Nolan rented for us. I haven't spoken to the owner since I arrived. The key was in a lock box we were given the code to. I have been here for 3 days now and the atmosphere has been good for my soul. The cabin is located in Incline Village up the hill from Chrystal Bay in Lake Tahoe, NV.

I look at my coffee cup, its empty. I take another deep breath and say a prayer before I head inside to start my plans for the day. "Spirits above and below please let me find peace so I can restart my shattered life. Mother Earth, enlighten whats dark within me. Mend what is broken in me. Strengthen what is weak in me. Bind what is bruised in me. Heal what is sick within me. And lastly, revive whatever peace and love has died in me. Bless me, Goddess, on this day. Help me as I work or play. To reflect the beauty as it should be now. Lend me your strength and please allow, this time to be all I need to be, In love I ask this. Blessed Be!"