Chapter 11 (but not really)

It was just another long, boring day of school today. As usual.

Yesterday was just like any other day as well. The only difference is that our group had two more people with us at the cafe.

I didn't even get to sleep for a good amount of time. About three/four hours of sleep. I don't know about humans, but we werewolves value our sleep. We usually want at least seven hours or else we can get annoyed or mad very easily.

It's not exactly fun. I just don't get why the others can't just sleep at a normal time instead of staying up until about one in the morning.

It was yet again the end of ninth period and I was listening to music, per usual. Today we were just working on an essay about two stories that we previously read and how authors make stores have surprise endings to "delight the readers" or whatever.

Not that I'm complaining, because it's actually quite easy.

I appreciate this class a little bit better than the others because when we're doing things like this, I have permission to listen to music. I think a couple or a few others do too. I'm not sure.

"Okay, time's up for today," the teacher let the class know, "Pass up the packets and you'll continue working on this tomorrow. Remember, Friday is the deadline to have it completed."

Friday is just the right amount of time since she has us write a paragraph a day. Even better, she gave us the introduction paragraph to copy down and she's going to give us the conclusion paragraph as well.

I fold my packet back up, closing it, pass it to the person in front of me along with the packet that was handed to me from the person behind me, and pack up the rest of my things.

As I was putting my folder back into my backpack I took a quick glance up and noticed Blyke looking across the room at me for a second while talking to his friends that are near him. When the bell rings, I'm already standing and walk right out the door without looking back to see if Blyke may be trying to talk to me again. By "talk", I mean threaten, most likely.

Just as I'm getting close to the door, Aj catches up to me looking as if he was running. "Hey," he said as he was catching his breath and I raised an eyebrow slightly, confused as to why he was just running. "I forgot to ask yesterday," he continued as we were walking out of the school, "but is everyone meeting at the cafe again?"

"Yeah," I answer, "We meet there every day." I take a couple of seconds and think before saying, "Didn't we tell you this already?"

Aj gave me a sheepish smile, "Even if you did, which is probably what happened, I most likely forgot by now. I have a very bad memory."

"I can relate to that, my memory's not any better." When I finish my sentence, Aj laughs and we get to the corner that I usually wait at when I decide to wait for the other idiots to show up.

"Do we wait for the others or...." Aj trailed off. All I do is nod as I see the rest of the group walking toward us. In the back of the lot of them I see Blyke having an animated conversation with Xander. I swear, Blyke's got to have something against me if he's being all nice and joking around with the others. Now I kind of want to find out what I did to make him not like me. It's not like I care if he does but I'm just confused, being I haven't really talked to him.

"Hey guys," Aj says as the others walk up to us at the corner. I felt like something was wrong for some strange reason but decided to ignore it for now.

"Hey Aj," Xander responded with, "You two are coming with us again, I see."

"Well duh," Aj said, "Why wouldn't we?"

------------------------

Ok, so not a chapter but I feel like I owe at least something. Because of the coronavirus, I obviously have more free time to work on this story. This is basically just a tiny update and a little bit of a peek at chapter eleven which I will be trying to work on. I say try because my computer in in the living room and I kind of want privacy without having to worry about everyone being around. It's not like they're all going to look at what I'm doing because I know they don't care, but I just feel weird writing this in the living room. I used to write it on my phone but after some time of writing it on the computer instead, I don't want to write this on my phone anymore. I can't tell you when I'll actually finish chapter twelve due to me being my complicated self. I'm not going to make a new "chapter" and have the beginning of the chapter be posted twice. I'll just update this one and delete this A/N. So be on the lookout for this chapter to be edited if you want. <3 Ashy