71

Heartbreak Hotline

#71

●●●

"Are you mad?"

Jacob sighed as he took off his blue scrub suit when he was already at the Interns' lodge located at the hospital near Auckland. He greeted his other interns in which all of them were now at their 6th year of med school.

"I just finished a 36th hour duty, it's tiring," He answered her on the phone, half-naked, he started to walk towards the shower room.

"Really? Parang galit ka eh, are you mad at me, dokie?"

He sighed again, "I'm going to shower, Zooey Aldea."

"You're calling my full name, why are you mad?"

Napabuntong-hininga na lang siya ulit, "I saw your interview."

"What interview?"

"The one with the old bald gay."

"Ah, yung Tonight With Boy Abunda?" He heard her giggling on the other line - even though hearing her laugh could already cure his tiredness from his 36-hour shift, he still couldn't help but to think about her interview, "Bakit? Wala naman akong--"

"He asked you that you've been linked to some celebrity."

"Did you finish the interview, Evans?"

"No."

"You should've finished the interview," He could already imagine rolling her eyes at him, "I answered Tito Boy na I'm not linked to any celebrity 'cause I already have a boyfriend and I'm going to New Zealand later."

"What?"

Napatigil naman si Jacob matapos ang sinabi nito.

"Go out already, ulyanin."

With his forehead creasing, he immediately went out from the lodge and scanned the surroundings. There, just a meter away from his left, he saw her.

"Can you even wear a shirt first, dokie?" She said, smiling and he shook his head. Nilapitan naman siya nito.

"I miss you," She told him, giving him a peck on the lips. He chuckled.

"You're lucky that I miss you too," He replied and all his madness were gone, well, including his tiredness from his toxic 36-hour duty.

She's really full of surprises.