Bonus Scene

Heartbreak Hotline

Bonus Scene

●●●

"Thank you, doc," Jacob smiled at his older patient when he visited him a day after his angioplasty surgery. Siya kasi ang naglead sa surgical team para sa opera nito.

"It's my job, Judge," Jacob replied. The patient was a retired judge. Actually, the old man didn't really want to undergo for the surgery and just told his family that he was already ready to let go of life - but with a little persuasion from him and his family, napapayag nila ito.

"Ikaw naman, hindi na ako judge, retired na ako," The old man chuckled while lying on the hospital bed. Katabi naman nito ang asawa nito na nakangiti na rin. Somehow, it made him relaxed knowing that he's on his way to recovery, "Jacob, pwede mo rin pa naman akong tawaging Tito. You've been once a family to us."

"Okay, Tito," He said and laughed a little. Ilang segundo naman ay biglang bumukas ang room nito. A familiar lady appeared.

She smiled at him, "Jake."

He smiled back at her too.

"Arabella."

●●●

"Thank you, ha? If not for you, dad wouldn't undergo the surgery," Arabella Eurydice started as they were both sitting on the bench. They were currently at the Hospital's park. It was almost five in the morning and was almost sunrise.

"You're welcome," He replied, "It's been years since we talked like this, huh?"

Ara giggled, "Yeah, I was still a teenager and you... you're still an engineering student."

Natawa naman si Jacob sa sinagot nito. When they were still together during their college years, Ara used to stay at his unit. She would always paint at his place - and then he would playfully disturb her. His place would always lit up every time she would stay and paint - and he loved to see her smiling while painting an amazing artwork.

"I'm happy for you, Jake," Ara suddenly told him. Jacob looked down and smiled. He offered his palm to her, inviting her to hold it. Natawa naman ito sa ginawa niya at hinawakan ang kamay niya.

"Your hands are still small," Jake commented. He could still remember how he always liked to hold her hand. How her hand would tremble and how she would blush when he did it.

"And yours are still big," Ara replied, giving another giggle.

Somehow, he thought, if things didn't happen, will they be still together? If his teammates didn't drug him, if no video scandal happened, if she believed him that he did not cheat, would they be married to each other now?

"You know, I didn't expect you'll become a doctor," She suddenly mumbled. Jacob looked at his ex-girlfriend, his first love, her appearance still didn't change, she was still beautiful and matured. Just like him.

"I even thought I'd marry you," Jacob commented. She was his first love. He had always thought they would end up together in the future and would have beautiful kids.

"Everything happens for a reason," Ara looked at him and playfully pinched his nose, "If those things didn't happen, would you be a doctor now?"