73

Heartbreak Hotline

#73

●●●

"Hey, it's fine..."

"No, it's not, if only I did my best more..." Zooey cried even more. It was already one o'clock in the morning and just few hours ago, Ms. Universe pageant got finished. She represented Philippines for the said pageant but unfortunately, she's only 1st runner up, second to Ms. Indonesia. Ni hindi pa nga siya nakapagbihis at nakagown pa rin. She didn't stay for the afterparty and went immediately to the hotel after the coronation. She didn't even talk to her parents yet nor her manager. Iyak lang siya ng iyak nang makapasok siya sa room niya. She felt she failed everyone because she didn't take home the crown.

"Hey, honey, you did your best, you did your best so badly," Jacob who was with her throughout the day and night told her, kneeling down while holding her hands. Her boyfriend was with her throughout the entire week at Bali, Indonesia. Sa Bali kasi hineld ang Ms. Universe pageant - and currently, they're staying at a hotel surrounded by a beautiful beach. Umabsent din ito ng whole week kahit qualifying exams pa nito sa Medicine para lang suportahan siya - and she didn't even win the crown, "For me, you were the best contender throughout the pageant, you were great, well, the greatest and even answered the questions wittingly. Kahit ako, hindi ko masasagot iyon."

"You're just saying that because I'm your girlfriend," She snorted but couldn't help to smile. Somehow, even though she didn't win the crown, because of her boyfriend's words, she felt a little bit better than earlier.

Jacob chuckled softly and sat beside her. Nasa balcony sila ng room nila at nag-uusap, "Feeling ko talaga luto yung pageant eh, of course, Ms. Indonesia is going to win, we're at their place."

Zooey giggled, "Ganyan ang sinasabi nila 'pag hindi natanggap ang pagkatalo."

"It's true. Ms. Indonesia even tripped on the stage, how come she still won the pageant? Luto eh," Jacob added and she giggled louder.

"I'm sorry if you have to miss your qualifying exams," She told him sheepishly.

"It's okay, I already earned a lot of credits before the exams, it won't affect my standing, I can take the exams again when I go back. I like being with you here rather than facing those thick books who doesn't even make me happy."

Zooey felt silent and just stared at her boyfriend. She blushed. She doesn't know why she is so lucky to have a kind and supportive boyfriend. Not only he has the best characteristics... he's even hot. She really wants to ask God why did he give her a guy like him - while her, sometimes, without wearing a make-up, she looks like a potato - and she's sure she's not even matured at making decisions yet, she isn't Jacob's type of women.

"I love you," She just replied and Isaac Jacob smiled. He suddenly gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"I bought your favorite ice cream earlier, let's eat some ice cream," He said and she nodded. Pumasok naman ito ulit sa loob at ilang segundo ay bumalik na rin ito sa balcony. He sat beside her and handed her a bucket of ice cream, coffee crumble flavor - her all time favorite.

"No matter what, you're always gonna be my Miss Universe, Zooey Aldea," He told her softly and pinched her nose playfully. They both laughed after.

She's looking forward for more nights like this with him.

●●●

Few more chapters and Jake's story will be finished. I will post Storm's story if tapos na ang Heartbreak Hotline - Storm's story will not be in epistolary. It'll be a novel and will be heavier and with much more drama. Hahaha. Who's excited for Storm Parker?