75

Heartbreak Hotline

#75

●●●

"In another minute, we'll do another take," Zooey's personal assistant told her as she was currently retouching her make-up. Nasa isang set siya ngayon kung saan sila nagtetaping ng upcoming movie niya. Actually, it was already her second movie in which she worked as the lead actress. The first time she joined the acting industry, was six months after the Miss Universe pageant.

After the pageant, she focused on her studies first, particularly finishing her Bachelors degree for psychology. Next semester ay gragraduate na rin siya. Acting is just like her second hobby and after the pageant, everything has been great. She has been offered several endorsements, modelling and even in the acting industry. Her first acting debut was a success - and now, she's been offered the second time.

She nodded, "Okay," She replies to her assistant - at ilang segundo naman ay natapos na ito sa pagreretouch sa kanya.

"Let's start! Another take!" The director suddenly shouted at nagsitayuan naman silang lahat - the crew and the actors who were involved in the movie moved forward to start filming.

Bago pa man pumunta si Zooey sa gitna ay narinig niya ang pagtunog ng phone niya na ngayon ay hawak-hawak ng assistant niya.

She looked back to see her PA and it was really her phone.

Nilapitan naman niya ulit ito.

"Ms. Del Mundo, get back here! Magsisimula na ang taping! I clearly announced that no phones at work!" The director called her pero hindi niya ito pinansin.

"Ms. Polly, who's calling?" She asked and her assistant sighed, handing her the phone.

"Your boyfriend," Polly simply answered. Kaagad naman niya itong sinagot.

"Hi, hon," She greeted and she heard him laughing a little.

"Hey, am I calling you in a bad time?"

"No, no," She shrugged, smiling, "Well, you did actually. We're in the middle of the taping tapos bigla kang tumawag."

"I miss you," Jacob randomly said.

"I miss you too," She replied, she could feel her heart fluttering like the first time, "Diba duty ka ngayon? You told me last night that you're going to have this angioplasty procedure today... why are you on your phone right now?"

"Well, the same way as you're holding your phone right now talking to me."

She shook her head and smiled. Sometimes, her boyfriend would just call her randomly to tell her he misses her so much, "Sige na, let's get back to work."

"Honey, what if we're going away for a day, sa province, would it be a great idea? Like sa Baguio... or Ilocos. Ngayon."

"Silly, you're in New Zealand. That's impossible."

"Look at the back."

Kumunot naman ang noo niya at lumingon sa likod. Then she saw her boyfriend smiling at her and then he waved.

"Oh my god..." She couldn't help but to react. Noong isang araw, nag-usap pa sila na magiging busy ito in the next few days sa ospital. After Isaac Jacob graduated and passing the board exam, he decided to continue his residency at Auckland City Hospital.

Jacob grinned while holding one stem of rose. Zooey excitedly squealed and ran off towards him. She immediately hugged him and she could feel him hugging her back also while lifting her up. She didn't expect he would be coming dahil next month pa ang plano nilang magkikita ulit.

"Why are you here? I thought next month pa tayo magkikita..." She told him and she was already wrapping her legs around his waist - while Jacob was already carrying her.

"Change of plans," Jacob simply answered. They've been a long distance relationship for a longer time now - but so far, everything is well.

"Ms. Del Mundo," May lumapit naman sa kanila na crew ng movie, "Pinababalik ka na po ni direk. Magsisimula na po iyong taping."

"Tell him I'm a Casiraghi," Jacob joked and Zooey laughed because of it. Sometimes, surnames really make wonders.

"What do you mean change of plan though?" She asked him again, her arms around her neck while he was still carrying her.

"I'll be continuing my residency here next month in the Philippines," Jacob simply answered her, "Permanently."

"But you like New Zealand..."

"But I love you," Jacob quickly answered and Zooey playfully rolled her eyes. Of course, she was happy.

"Let's move-in together?" Jacob suddenly asked her. Napailing naman siya ulit dahil sa sinabi nito. But she smiled.

"You have to ask my parents' permission first, they're quite conservative," She said, playfully challenging him.

"I already did, we had lunch earlier."

Natahimik naman si Zooey dahil sa sinabi nito - but she then giggled.

"You're always full of surprises, huh, Dr. Evans?" She said to him. Ngumiti naman ito pabalik sa kanya.

"That's why you love me," Jacob replied, kissing her.