chapter 4

After a long day of class, I was hungry, so I head over to the school cafeteria. It was small and didn't have many things but then again, I was starving. I pull out my coin pouch from my blue and white floral backpack and put myself in line. Thankfully, there were few people.

Yeah, that fatty never stops eating

That was Zaiden's voice. I turned around; I saw him whispering into Rex's ear, a buddy of his. They were in the second line of the cafeteria, a few people behind me. We make eye contact, I saw Zayden's expression twist to a pale of horror, and I assume mine to. The room felt like it was frozen in time, just the two of us, so close but at the same time so apart. I started sweating not knowing what to do, what had he just call me? Had he noticed I heard him? No, no, impossible. I looked at the coins in my hand, they were shaking along with my entire body. Did I really want to buy food anymore? I was starving, but I was embarrassed. The lunch lady was staring at me, I hadn't noticed the guy in front of me had already paid and left. She was glancing impatiently at me. I looked back at Zayden, he opened his mouth if like to say something, but the words just didn't come out.

'you going to order something, sweetie?' her African accent was loud and clear.

'n-no, no, I'm not, sorry' I gazed down at the ground and started walking left to the cafeteria exit. I don't know why that insult hit me that hard but sure I was confused; how did he know I heard him? Did he? Only I could hear him because of the instability of my gift, I'm estimating he just made a wild guess. And if he did think I heard him, why did he look and act so ashamed? I mean, he dumped a trash can of garbage into my locker and scribbled mean things on it, he wouldn't act so strangely for "just" calling me fat.

I walk out of the school grounds, my mind and body ached, the burning sun scorched into my skin, at least it was better than staying in that room with Zaiden. Making my way home, I stepped up to a corner and hid behind a wall where the sun couldn't find me. I catched my breath, reclining to the wall, I controlled the tears, already happened once, not going to fall into it again. When I suddenly hear footsteps, I tried to brush it off, but they were fast and were coming in my direction.

"Blair!" well, heck here he is again. He steered in my direction when he saw me 'Blair, here you are, I-'

'shut up.' I couldn't believe I said that to him, but I couldn't bare it anymore. Him acting like a huge douchebag then being all sweet then douche again was an emotional roller-coaster.

'what? I was ju-'

I walked towards him and back-handed full force that damned expression off. Stunned, dead in his tracks.

'I said, shut up, I don't want to hear it. You expect me to just listen to you ramble "sorrys", which you don't even mean and then forgive you!?" my voice did a little squeak at the end. I sounded so whiny, but I felt like a lion.

'yeah, I deserved that' he said whilst rubbing the red imprint my hand left on his cheek. Not the way I imagined myself putting my hand on his soft porcelain face.

'you deserve more than a thousand slaps for thinking that that was enough and for all the pain that you've inflicted' I felt like I was roaring at him. my eyes were twitching with fury and my fists clenched. 'now, leave. me. alone.'

I have never been this mad ever in my life. His expression resembled a hungry puppy, I wanted to run my hands through his hair just to know how it felt but I had to have self-control. Didn't want to fall into his arms. Lie. I replaced my backpack more comfortably and turned around to walk away

'are you just going to walk away? I didn't even start what I was going to say. I know you have questions!' I know what he was doing

I stopped, and looked at him, still giving my back to him 'yeah, but I don't want your answers" I walked away.