chapter 11

Ten minutes passed, half of the sky was red and pink and the other a deep blue. The prettiest of times. We were now in the more rundown side of town, five minutes until we arrive to my house.

Blair, where are you? It was Ana. She sounded nervous.

I'm five minutes away from home, why the worry? Ana's gift is to sense danger so no need to ask. Something is wrong. Zayden was catching on to my feelings, and the telepathy energy.

I'm sensing vast amounts of danger from where you are so just keep walking, don't grab too much attention. I sent Fabio, Leonor, and the police over there. Be cautious.

If this is about that gang then we should stop using telepathy. Some of them are savants. I cut the connection then fed Zayden what was going on. He grabbed my hand protectively.

I was scared, I didn't know if their intentions were extremely bad and they would try to kill us then we'd have to fight. But we didn't even know what these people could do, we didn't know anything. The fear of the unknown, I guess.

Trees swayed back and forth, leaves flew away in the wind, silence. I could feel someone behind us as Zayden and I walked but there was no one there, just my imagination playing tricks on me. Our pace quickened as the tension grew. The only thing I could hear was the crackling sound of the dry leaves in the pavement, the wind, and the thumping noise of my heart in my ears. Suddenly a great idea popped up into my mind, what if I use my gift to hear them? Maybe I could hear what they were plotting. I lit up.

I whispered 'Zayden, what if-'

'don't move' Said a masked, skinny man jumped in front of us. I squeaked in terror and Zayden grunted.

The man pulled out a gun, I was frightened, I had never experienced anything like this in my life.

Put your walls up. said Zayden

Petrified, I did as he told me. I glanced down to find my hands shaking. This time I couldn't let my feelings take control over me. I was going to do whatever it took to get both of us out of here alive... or Zayden alone.

I looked up to see Zayden's face looking directly at the man with remorse, if looks could kill, that man would have been six feet under already.

'what do you want.' spoke Zayden. His voice like subdued thunder, I had never seen him so angry.

'you haven't responded our calls,' he said mischievously, what a lunatic. 'the boss isn't very happy.''

'let us go or you'll know what will happen.' Zayden growled.

The man waved his weapon around like a toy, laughing at Zayden's statement. His gesture showed he had no problem in killing us.

'the boss didn't specify if I should only kill you, so what if I start with the girl instead' oh shit 'so you could suffer before you die.' Freak indeed.

The man raised his gun and pointed at me and I closed my eyes, preparing to receive the bullet. *BANG* a blasting sound ripped through the air scarring my ears.

'NO!' Zayden's muffled scream shot out. I didn't feel anything until I opened my eyes. Zayden in front of me, just standing there, not moving. I paralyzed, did he just- no. my eyes wide open in horror. I physically couldn't say anything so the only thing that rang out of me was a horrid shriek different in tones as I couldn't bear what I was witnessing. No tears fell as I was still in shock. He had his back to me. he slipped from balance and fell directly onto the pavement. I rushed to his aid and put his head on my lap.

'no no no no no no no!'

I saw the wound and tried to stop the bleeding by putting my hand on it. Desperate, frantic, hectic! My love in my bloody arms. My heart pumping out of my chest. I put my palm on his cheek directing his face to mine covered in blood, but it didn't matter.

'why, WHY, why would you do this!?' finally I wept letting the seas rush out of my eyes.

His disoriented eyes drifted to meet mine 'I couldn't let you die' his voice feeble and short on breath. 'I want to let you know, Blair, I love you'

I could see the reflection of the star lights in his eyes fade away as his eyelids closed. 'no, Zayden, stay with me. Please!' but my pleads were no use. I put my forehead in his chest and yelled as hard as I could. My anger was too strong. No human on earth had heard a sound like that, but it wasn't just a scream, I felt my gift being released. Like a physical sound wave rushed through us. What did I just do?

i was angry, i looked arround to try and spot the masked man but he simply vanished.

'Blair, I need you to leave him and come with me, okay?' it was Anna's voice. I looked back to find some police cars and an ambulance, I didn't care to count, the only thing that mattered was Zayden, MY Zayden.

My knees now weak, I felt sick, my cheeks were wet in tears and my hand with the blood of the one that lay with me. Anna pulled me from my arm, lifting me up. I felt hopeless, powerless, and useless.

'no, please' my whimper was unheard and soft. I walked backwards to the direction anna was pulling me to, I saw him laying there, motionless, until he disappeared behind a crew of paramedics wearing white and teal coats.