chapter 7

'Blair, Blair are you paying attention? Blair?' momma was trying to get my attention.

'yes? Huh? Yeah'

'what are you gonna order sweetie? do you want the usual?'

'y-yes please' my voice sounded weak.

she told the server the order which recited it to clarify. Then Fabio, who sat in front of me met my eyes with a squint.

'Are you all right, Blair?'

'yeah, you seem a little off' added momma. Now I had gathered a few eyes from my family – except the new couple, they were dazed into each other's eyes.

'yes, I'm fine guys, just a little weary, that's all' I faked yawned to state my case.

The couple on table seven wants some more water can you fetch them some, please?

Jesus, this was not planned. My gift was a true nightmare, I couldn't find it any use more than snitching. Oh god, I was distracted, I didn't see if he entered. I shot up a glimpse of the door, saw it being opened with the bells on top chanting at the arrival of a new customer. He stepped in, rocking a leather jacket, with a white graphic t-shirt, heavy duty sneakers, accessorized with a dog tag and a high-end watch. Zayden. Surely quite a sight, he walked with such style and beat. Such a magnetic presence, I could feel the giggle of the girls and the jealousy of the men in the room.

My eyes widened, my spine stiffened, his eyes were sweeping the room, he was looking for me. Oh god oh god oh god, this was truly terrifying, I wanted to hide under the table forever, but I also wanted to trip and land in his arms like a true princess. What was wrong with me, why this sudden attraction to the man I have loathed for my entire life? I couldn't blame everything on hormones, could I? 

Then his eyes landed on me, our eyes finally met. I got a chill down my spine and I guess it happened to him too because something changed in his gaze. A waiter approached him, since he was standing in the doorway like a buffoon. He picked the bar stool, I think he noticed my surroundings – you know, he couldn't sit with me since I was with my family, duh. I felt the urge to stand up and go to the back of the restaurant or a place where we could talk in peace. But I didn't want to, I wanted to stand my ground and let him know that he hurt me. Well I guess the desire to talk to him was stronger because before I knew it, I was on my feet.

'I'm going to the bathroom' I announced quietly. Zayden saw me and took it as a sign.

I didn't look back, I was trembling oh Jesus, what have I gotten myself into? My heart was about to burst out of my chest at any moment, so I had to act quickly. I rounded a corner to where staff went out to the back of the restaurant and stepped outside. A chilly and calm night, the wind was blowing softly against my skin and the smell of cigarettes filled the air. I waited for him to walk out the door, but he didn't come out. suddenly I felt I wasn't alone, I turned around and he was there, Zayden. I didn't ever hear the door open, much less close, what a stealthy dude. He stood there, looking at me with the most puppy-like expression, hands shaking, eyebrows twitching. He opened his mouth as if to say something, but the words didn't come out.

'Blair'

'Zaiden, hi. You wanted to talk to me?' at this point I had forgotten to stand my ground; I just fell for his allure.

'gosh, you are the only person who has left me speechless,' he seemed frustrated at said remark 'you change me.'

'I don't understand what you mean'

'is that, when I'm around you, my feelings go nuts' what was he portraying? How could I respond to that? 'I just can't quite put my finger on it, but you can help me.' He took a step closer.

'it is out of my knowledge what you mean' I was so confused.

'Blair,' his tone went deeper, and the conversation took a quick turn. 'you know what I mean, hold my hand'

This was all going too fast, what was I doing there. I started questioning the Zayden's true intentions. 'no, no I think I should get back to my family' coward

'wait, please, for just a second' is expression softened 'please'

'OK, fine' I was reluctant, but something beckoned me to stay. Something far from my reach.

We looked at each other, in complete silence. I raised my hand and so did he, the gap between palms closed and I felt a tingle, an electric shock from the contact. Our fingers intertwined, it relaxed me, my knees felt weaker. One moment to another, Zayden drew my hand to his direction pulling me closer to his body. I fell into his arms, such a warm embrace, the feeling that I could fly. My arms wrapped around his waist and his on my shoulders. His tallness was paying off. I couldn't help looking into those marvelous eyes of his, now I truly admired the swirls of color in his iris. It felt magical, I didn't want this moment to end.

'Blair,' he whispered in the sexiest of tones, like vocals. 'you want to try telepathy? I can feel your power'

What the fuck. He knew. He was a savant!?

'Y-y-you are a savant? How come I've never noticed?'

'you were too busy planning my murder, and I'm sorry' he gave a shy smile.

'no, don't be right now, this is our special moment.' I tried to seem more confident but failed clearly.

'no, I really am, but if you say so.' he closed his eyes and pressed his forehead against mine.

'hold on how did you know I was a savant?'

'well, remember in the supermarket, I felt a slight wave of power brush through my mind. I saw you then speculated.' Yeah, that's when my gift got out of control 'and at the cafeteria, I felt the same thing, but I was no longer guessing.'

I couldn't believe what my ears were hearing, I was at a loss for words. he knew I was a savant, that's what he wanted to talk about, right?

'and that presence, that I felt at school, -was you wasn't it?'

'yes, I just had to know if you were what I was thinking.' His eyes no longer closed. 'now, would you like to try telepathy, Mrs. Lopez?'

'I would be happy to Mr. Lima' our eyes shut, and minds connected, there we were, in the space where anything was possible. I felt that we were the only people on earth. Just us, and the sound of the wind. I let my walls down to let him in.

Blair.

My mind went crazy, I felt a rush of adrenaline throughout my body, I felt his voice fill my mind with all the beautiful things. Zayden! I opened my teary eyes to find Zaiden smiling back at me. My heart leaped out to connect his. He laughed with the most angelic laugh. My soulfinder.

Indeed, my soulfinder. he had read my mind. He picked me up and spun me.

'oh god, Blair you are one heck of a girl!' it was so relieving to see his smile, his truly genuine happy smile.

He let me down ever so softly, what a gentleman. He cupped my cheeks in his warm easy hands, eyes drifted down to my lips. Our eyes closed once again and so did the gap between our mouths. The mixture of soft textures controlled my body, his cologne scent, this was truly magical. My first kiss with my soulfinder. a minute passes and we were already making out; I've never felt so happy, so wanted. I felt like he was trying to get every single inch of me to be his, but truth be told, I was his since we were born.

With a laugh we both released the grip of each other but still maintained our fingers intertwined. 'I think we should wrap up. My family must be worried' I said, still with a smile.

'yeah, you should head back, talk tomorrow?'

'of course, goodnight.'

'bye'

I left with a smile; the adrenaline still rushed through my body. I wanted to announce to everybody my special news, that is until I saw how happy Margaret and Leo were, that made me realize that this was their special night. So, I let them relish their moment and kept the secret until another day.