chapter seven

Tweek

I have been dancing for a while now with Butters and Kenny. Suddenly the music stopped. We looked around for the reason. Then we saw Eric Cartman with a microphone in his hands. His eyes were glazed over, he was drunk.
„Listen up everybody I have an important announcement to make. This goes out for Kahl Brofslovski. You took my exgirlfriend and broke my heart with that. But not because I still like her. In fact I hate that bitch. But, as a matter of fact I do like you. So there you have. Now you know why I am always such a turd around you. Thanks for listening and good night everyone."
He made a mic drop. All of us were silent. You only heard the people outside chatting. Kenny, Butters and me looked at eachother. All of us confused. I had always assumed that Eric was in fact not intrested in any kind of relationship. After that abusive relationship with Heidi. Seems like this town just got another gay. The music started again and everyone started dancing again as if nothing had happened.
„What just happened?", Butters asked.
„I have no clue.", Kenny answered glancing at me sideways. I shrugged. This was one of the weirdest things I have ever witnessed. And I witnessed a lot of shit in fourth grade.

We flopped down on the couch outside of the house. Butters was stretched out on Kennys lap.
„Do you guys mind if I smoke one?", Kenny asked.
We both shook our heads. Smoking marijuana is just what Kenny does. He rolled it up and started smoking.
„Man that's cool. Just us three guys. Just like the good old times.", he said while taking another breath from the joint.
I turned toward him to face him: „Why? Don't you like it how it is right now?"
„Sure we're still friends. But are we really?"
The weed had started showing effect.
„Do you want to take a puff?", he asked and held the joint towards me.
I wanted to say no. Like I always do. But something was different tonight. The way he looked at me. Pleading to try it.
„Well maybe only one small puff.", I said and inhaled it.
My lungs started burning and I was coughing hard.
„You're doing it right.", Kenny said smiling at me.
Butters sat up and frowned at me: „Golly, this isn't like you to just go with it Tweek. Is something off?"
„I don't know. It's just a few weeks ago I had these weird hallucinations. I've had them before but never this intense. I guess I just wanted to get my mind off it. But you're right Leo, this isn't me. I haven't even checked up with Craig for like two hours. I should tell him that I'm alright. See you later guys."
I was about to get up when Kenny pulled me close and whispered into my ear: „I love you Tweek."
I kept calm: „Shut up. Make a move on Leo or someone else will. You know I'm with Craig. I tell you this every time you get high."
Kenny blinked in confusion.
„Oh I'll make a move tonight I promise."
He let go of me and I left to search for Craig.

After ten minutes I finally found him. He was in the hot tub with a few others.
„Hey guys.", I said and wrapped my arms around Craig from behind.
I leaned down to him and whispered: „Meet me at the usual spot in 10"
„Oh...", he blushed, „okay."
I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and went back into the house.
„... be subtle, dude.", was the last thing I heard from their direction.
I went to the kitchen to take another drink. It was crowded. I took deep breaths trying to calm myself. Only ten minutes from now I would be all over Craig, as usual on Tokens partys. We always went down to the former Freedom Pals lair in Tokens basement and had a wild makeout session during the party. I checked the watch and saw that the ten minutes had almost passed. I drank the rest of my drink and made my way to our spot. Before I could sneak into the door. I was grabbed by someone. It was Kenny.
Oh no, I thought, please Kenny not now. I can't handle another one of your speeches. You're like a brother to me. He didn't say anything. He leaned over pressed his lips against mine. I froze. I was shocked and then I pushed him away. I did not expect that.
„Kenny! What the hell dude?!", I yelled at him tears welling up in my eyes.
„What the fuck?", I heard Craigs voice.
He must've seen it. He probably thinks I'm a cheater. He'll hate me. We'll never get married. So many thoughts circled through my mind. That I missed the punch Craig threw at Kenny.
„Get your hands off my Tweek!", Craig hissed at Kenny angrily.
Kenny looked like he wanted to punch him back, then decided against it.
„I'm sorry Tweek.", he said and left the room.
People all around us were starring.
„What are you all looking at?", Craig asked flipping them off.
They all turned away and within a minute forgot about this. Craig and I looked at eachother. I didn't know what to say. He'll probably dump you. Right here. Right now.
„Do you wanna go home babe?", he asked looking at me concerned.
I nodded: „Yes please."

We walked silently next to eachother. Not sure what to say. I felt a little chilly. Since I forgot my jacket at Tokens house.
„Do you want my sweater?", Craig asked, finally ending the silence.
„If you don't need it.", I said avoiding eye contact.
He gave it to me.
„Thanks.", I mumbled and put it on.
„Listen, I am so sorry... wait what are you sorry for?", we both said unison.
„I'm sorry for letting Kenny kiss me. I wish I would've seen it coming. I'm sure I could've avoided a lot of pain that way. I'm such a horrible boyfriend. I'm sorry.", tears streamed down my face.
Craig stood in front of me.
"Woah Tweek, calm down.", he wrapped his arms around me, „it's not your fault. You couldn't have known that he was going to kiss you. I'm not mad at you. I saw that you pushed him away. Please don't cry honey. I love you."
„I love you too Craig."
We stood there for a while just hugging eachother tight. Not saying a thing. But I knew that on monday school wouldn't be the same not with everything that has happened tonight.