Chapter 1: are those cat ears?! (Part 2)

Shuichi's POV

When I came to my senses, I felt around and I could see a bit since some light was shining through some holes of this box.

I'm back in this small space, where everything started, where I first met...

Before I could finish my train of thought, I fell out of the lock and face planted into the floor.

"Are you okay?" says a familiar voice as she came closer to help me up. I look up to see Kaede. I want to cry and hug her but, I know that she wouldn't remember me or know me at this time.

"Y-yeah" I say, trying not to cry and succeeding. I take the hand that has been extended to me and stand up. "It's nice to see that I'm not the only one in this place" she says with a smile. I just nod, i don't know what to say or how to react. I've missed her but this is not the Kaede I know since we 'just met'.

"My name is Kaede Akamatsu, I'm the ultimate pianist!" She says enthusiastically, "what's your name?" She adds.

I then remember, when I met her, I used to be anxious and timid.

"M-my name is Shuichi S-Saihara, I'm the ultimate detective, even though I got that title out of luck..." I Say, trying to sound nervous, mumbling the last bit on instinct. She seemed to not hear. "Well, it's nice to meet you Saihara! Let's go see if there's other people around here" she smiles.

I nod and we leave the room. As we were walking, I noticed that my senses are much better then before. I can hear noises people wouldn't usually hear unless they really try to hear it. I can smell many scents and see clearer in darker places. I also noticed that I was shorter then Kaede for some reason.

Is this what she meant by somethings can change?

"I really like your hat, it's cute with the cat ears, are you a cat person?" She says, looking at the top of my head.

Cat ears on my hat?

I reach up to touch my hat and there were in fact some cat ears made of the same material as my hat.

Oh, I 'forgot' about that, my hat 'does' have cat ears.

"Y-yeah, I like cats" I say while scratching the back of my neck. "I do too, they're so cute even though they can be mean at times!" She says enthusiastically.

We continue talking about cats and enter a room to see if there are other people here. Once we enter, the trickster is teasing Kiibo.

"Soooooo, you keep dodging my question, do robots have d***s?" Kokicki says while smirking. "I will not tolerate this treatment! I will see you in court, you robophobic human" Kiibo say in an accusing tone.

Kaede seems confused at the whole situation and says "you're a robot?". Kiibo and Kokichi turn their attention to Kaede. "Are you another robophobic human! I will have you know that I have two professional lawyers!" He points at Kade.

I try to hold in my laughter and tears from this situation seeing as it's funny and it's nostalgic. Kaede holds up her hands in a defensive position.

"N-no, I didn't mean to sound rude I was just intrigued, I've never met a robot before" she says while waving her hands. Kiibo seems to calm down at this and stands up straight and walks up to Kaede and I.

"Well, in that case, let me introduce myself, I am K1-B0 but you can call me Kiibo, I'm the ultimate robot" he says formally and extends a hand for her to shake. She shakes it.

"Nice to meet you Kiibo, I'm Kaede Akamatsu! The ultimate pianist" she says with a sweet smile. "And this is Shuichi Saihara, the ultimate detective!" She gestures to me.