9.

The pic on the side is Alyssa.

I'm grounded until my birthday because I skipped school without a valid reason (my reason last time was valid, apparently) and I got myself in ISS for two weeks. It sucks that I can't go anywhere till my birthday though.

I packed a bag for ISS, which consists of a white fluffy throw blanket, a feather pillow, and a lunch box filled with a twelve pack of Mountain Dew, three jars of Nutella, two loafs of toasted bread, and then a ton of gummy worms and pixie sticks.

I won't lie when I say that I love in school suspension. It's amazing.

It's okay too because Alyssa is grounded till Halloween (my birthday) and Chase, Alyssa, Hale, and Mason are in suspension with me.

I walk into the room. Alyssa is in here and so is Mason, Chase, Hale, Grant, and Lauren. Kyle has been replaced with Jared Glen. That's all that's here.

Mason moved up next to my seat, Alyssa is back in front of me, and Hale is in front of Mason and Chase is behind Mason.

The teacher is dead asleep.

Mason pulls out a skillet and a carton of eggs. All of us stare at him as he gets out some butter and a spatula. He plugs the skillet into the plug in the wall next to him and puts some butter on the skillet.

When the butter is melted and sizzling, he cracks two eggs onto the skillet.

"What?" he looks up at us. "Do you want some?"

"Yes." Grant says.

He nods. "Anyone else?"

Everyone raises their hands and Mason gets out a stack of paper plates and a box of utensils.

He serves me first, passing me the salt.

"Why does she go first?" Lauren asks.

"Because she's hot and I like her." he says.

I roll my eyes. He serves everyone and puts the skillet away after wiping it down with baby wipes. He puts it in his backpack and produces a bottle of chocolate milk. He chugs it and stands up. he collets the plates and forks from everyone that's done and tosses them in the teachers trash.

"Why are you so quiet?" Alyssa asks me.

"I'm tired." I admit.

"So go to sleep." Mason frowns.

And that's when Cole walks in.

"Smells like eggs." He frowns.

"I'm not going to sleep." I say. Not now.

"You don't have to be afraid of him." he frowns.

Did I just say that out loud?

"Yes." He says.

Shit.

He laughs.

"I keep saying things out loud." I say.

"I know." He smiles. "For real though, you don't have to be scared of him."

"Just go to sleep." Alyssa says.

Nodding, I pull out my white fluffy pillow and my white blanket. I stand up and cover myself in the soft blanket and then I sit down again. I move my pillow so that Alyssa can share. She gets out a blanket from her bag and we share my pillow.

I drift off to sleep with the scent of Bear on my pillow.

MASON'S POV

"You're a fucking creep." Chase says, smacking the back of my head.

"What'd I do?" I ask.

Melly is out cold, and she's so beautiful when she sleeps. She's so innocent. Alyssa is sleeping next to her.

"You're staring at her." Hale says.

"You love her, don't you?" Chase asks.

I look at Alyssa to make sure she's asleep, and then I nod. "Yes. I have for a long time."

"I think I love her." Hale whispers.

I look at him in anger, but he shakes his head. "Not your girl, I'm taking about her friend."

"Alyssa?" I ask. He nods. "How long?"

"Freshmen year." He admits. "What about you?"

"Forth." I mutter, embarrassed.

"Her neighbor is hot. Megan Taylor."

"Melly knows her." I say.

"Melly knows everyone." Hale says

"Don't call her that." I snap.

"Call her what?" he asks. "Melly?"

"Yes. That's my name for her. Think of something else."

"You should tell her." Lauren speaks up. All of us look at her. "You guys should tell the girls how you feel."

"No." we all say.

"She hates me." I add.

She rolls her eyes and scoffs. "No she doesn't. She likes you, she's just stubborn." She pops her earbuds back in and doesn't say another word.

I hear the sound of something vibrating, and then Alyssa lifts her head up and rubs her eyes. She checks her phone and reads the message and then pain and sadness fills her eyes and she smacks Melly's head.

"Mmm!" she moans.

Oh fuck, that noise was hot as fuck.

Alyssa hits her head again and she pulls the blanket over her head. "Fuck off." She groans.

"Look!" Alyssa hisses.

"Later." She says.

She hits her again and she lifts her head up.

"I am not a morning person. Fuck off."

"Just look!" Alyssa shoves her phone at Melly.

Melly hands it back and puts her head back down.

"You asked for it." she says. "Hey everyone, did you know Melly hates clothes so much that she comes home and strips naked? She doesn't even sleep with clothes on."

I feel my boxers getting tight.

Melly lifts her head up, her cheeks flaming. "I hate you." She mutters, snatching the phone away.

MELODY'S POV

Hey im super srry but im moving back 2 england...we should never have been 2gether nd im thnkful we didnt go further than kissing...sorry... I hope this dsnt make things awkard - Ethan

I stare at the message and read it over and over.

He just broke up with her?

Over text message?

What the hell?

"First of all, his grammar is atrocious." I say. "Second, what an ass!"

I look at Alyssa. She doesn't look like she cares. "Whatever. He was a bad kisser anyway." She pauses. "He doesn't brush his teeth either."

"That's disgusting." I mutter. I hand her back her phone.

She looks at Mason. "She said that's disgusting. I hope you brush your teeth."