6

I pushed the door open with my shoulder, and moped over until I hit my bed. I fell on my stomach into my soft covers, and felt the tears arise again. I knew that I got too attached, all too quickly. But I still let it happen. I was acting like a pouty girlfriend, and I hated it. We weren't anything- so why am I so bothered?

  The tears rolled down my cheeks, unforgiving. I'm glad that Liam wasn't here, because that would've been embarrassing for him to see me going through another heartbreak only a week later than the last one.

I didn't even know the problem, and that's what bothered me most. Was I really that pathetic of a person to want to be around? Had he already got bored of me that quickly? That's a new record I think. Only a week and some for him to realize he didn't want me in his life anymore.

A loud crack of thunder rumbled, and I flinched at the sudden noise. Perfect. I hated the thunderstorms, they terrified me to my core, and brought back old and haunted memories from my past. My crying had stopped, but only because I was distracted from thinking about something worse. And my past just left me in a numb daze. Maybe I did want Liam home after all.

I stood from the bed, and slid one of Niall's comfy red sweatshirts he left over. I shimmied out of my tight jeans from last night, and threw them into the hamper along with my shirt. Then I pulled on a pair of my softest socks, and crawled under my blankets.

  I sniffled and tried to get comfortable, but more thunder rumbled outside. I began to shake, quivering underneath the blankets. The rain pattered against the window loudly, making the room even more eerie than it already was.  I pulled my phone out from under my mounds of blankets, and decided to text a few friends to clear my mind.

  I started with Niall, obviously. I just asked where he was, and how he was doing. Then I texted Ashton, around the same as Niall's. And lastly, I texted Tavia.

She was super nice to me at the party, and really funny. So we easily got along well, and I figured it'd be nice to stay in touch.

My phone chimed in a responded from Ashton. I smiled to myself as I opened it, and curled up into my blankets more.

Ashton: I'm good, thx for asking:) how r u?

Louis: could be better honestly. what r u up to?

Ashton: just got home from work, what's got you upset?

Louis: where do u work?

Ashton: karens bake house on main

Ashton: u never answered my question tho

Louis: how long have u been working there?

Ashton: Louis

Louis: Ashton

Ashton: whats wrong fr?

Louis: its rlly nothing, i promise

Ashton: can i come over? need some help with taylors extra cred, and we could hangout for a bit too?

Louis: okay

Ashton: be there soon:)

I sat my phone back down onto my pillows, and rolled over so that I was facing the wall. It was a boring gray, littered with polaroids of my old friends and I. I pulled a picture down of Raegan. She was an old friend from high school. She was the first person I had come out to, and also the only girl that hadn't called me any rude slurs...It never got to me though, I was strong enough to deal with everybody's negative slurs. But Raegan was the main reason I had such a strong mindset in the first place.

She was wearing a navy blue knee long dress, with her hair curled right above her collarbones. She was always so pretty, and I wished I could look as good as her. All of the guys that I had crushes on, ended up liking her first. But she was always nice, and never dated anyone who I was interested in.