Chapter Two

A year later

Nyssa shifts in Oliver's arms and releases a soft groan, it was going on six in the morning and their daughter was softly crying from her crib. The baby was only about seven months old at the time, having been born after her due date.

Groaning, Nyssa slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"I'll get her." Oliver says, sitting up. "You get some more sleep."

Nyssa shook her head. "It's fine."

Sighing, Oliver gets up and stretches. "I'll make breakfast then." he says with a warm smile.

Nodding her head, Nyssa gets up and heads into the nursery. "Hi princess." she says softly, leaning down to pick Faye up.

Faye stopped crying.

Smiling softly, Nyssa shifts the little girl and moves over to the changing table.

Faye smiled.

Changing her daughter's diaper, Nyssa kisses her forehead. "Let's go find daddy and William."

Faye smiled again.

Carrying the little girl into the kitchen, Nyssa smiles upon seeing both Oliver and William making breakfast.

"Morning." Nyssa said.

"Morning." Oliver and William say in unison.

Faye kicks her feet excitedly upon hearing Oliver.

"Your daughter wants you." Nyssa said.

Turning around, Oliver moves over to Nyssa and kisses her gently before taking Faye into his arms.

Nyssa began helping to make breakfast.

"Have you heard from Dinah at all?" Oliver asks, looking toward his wife.

"No." Nyssa lies, Dinah was going to be coming back that night with her and John's son Jayden.

"Oh." Oliver sighed.

****

John sighs as he walks into the bunker, stopping as soon as he sees a familiar brunette who's back was to him.

"Dinah?" John said.

Tensing, the brunette turns around, thankful that Felicity was holding Jayden and standing behind her.

"Where have you been?" John asked.

"I needed some time away." Dinah responds.

"Why?" John asked.

The brunette doesn't respond, turning toward Felicity as Jayden begins to cry.

"Dinah?" John frowned.

Taking the baby into her arms, Dinah begins gently rocking him. He was only about four months old.

"Who's that?" John asked, stepping closer.

Turning away from him, Dinah looks at Felicity for help. Nobody was supposed to have been at the bunker.

"John, Maybe you should go." Felicity said.

"What?" John asks in confusion.

"Dinah has been through a lot." Felicity said.

John can't help but frown. "Talk to me."

"John, just leave." Dinah said.

"No, you owe me this." The dark skinned man breathes out.

"I don't owe you anything." Dinah said.