Nightmares- Chapter Five

Chapter Five †

************************

 After my nightmare, I didn't go back to sleep. Naturally. Damon had brought me back to my room around 8:00. I lifted my wrist to my face and clicked the little button that turns on the blue light. 3:00am exactly.

If you've ever watched 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose', then you know why this kind of freaks me out. 3:00am is when demons can be more powerful. It's the exact opposite of 3:00pm, which is said to be the most Holy hour. Great right?

It was probably just a coincidence. What was I saying? Of course it was!  Still pretty odd though. I really needed to stop watching scary movies with my dad every weekend. We both loved getting scared shitless.

I glanced over at Olivia . Still sleeping peacefully. Olivia slept like the dead so it was not real surprise. Still, she was lucky. Not only can she sleep like a freakin' corpse, she loves having nightmares. Yeah that's weird but it's just the way she is.

Ever since I could remember I've never been able to sleep after a nightmare. Not that my dreams have ever been this terrifying before.

I didn't want to stay in bed. More than likely, I would fall asleep and have another dream. I really didn't want that to happen.

I pulled on a pair of jeans and pulled a sweater over the tank I had been wearing. After Damon had left and before I fell asleep, I had pulled on my PJ's.

I looked down at my feet. They were bare and my toes were painted a dark purple. Shoes took time some to put on. Well not really but I wanted to get out of this room. But I had to put on shoes because frankly, some hotel floors are just disgusting.

My eyes had adjusted enough to the dark, that I could see a pair of black fuzzy slippers at the foot of Olivia's bed. Olivia wouldn't know if I took them. I noticed they had bat wings on the side. I chuckled softly, they were so Olivia.

I slipped them on and got the card that the room door. The last thing that I needed was to be found sitting outside of the door like some freakish stalker. As an afterthought I grabbed my i-pod off the nightstand next to my bed. I stuck them in my pocket and opened the door and closed it gently.

I padded down the hall to the elevator. I pressed the ground button and was forced to listen to the damn elevator music. Sometimes I just hated technology. It was to damn cheery for this early in the morning. If I had a gun I woud shoot the speakers multiple times...Whoa no need to resort to violence, Angel. I sighed as the elevator doors opened. I was so tired. I wanted to sleep.

I didn't know where I was going, just wondering around I guess. I stepped out of the elevator and headed towards the back of the lobby. I opened a door and found myself outside in what looked like a beautiful garden maze.

I shrugged. What could it hurt? Plus, I really did want to go through the maze. So what if I got lost? It was nothing new. Olivia and I got lost on purpose all the time. I started walking, taking in everything I saw. It was silent. Not a scary eerie silence, a calming one.

Squish

Oh shit. That's just wonderful, I pulled my foot up and peered at it. Yup. I just stepped in a mud puddle the size of Alaska in my best friend's shoes that she didn't even know I had. Fail.

I stepped out of the muck and shook the shoes out as much as I could. I went around the puddle and went back to looking around.

About ten minutes later I came upon a bench and a fountain. It was beautiful. The fountain had lights shining within it and water was falling gently from the top.

I sat on the bench, my legs tucked under me, and just watched the goldfish swim around in the bottom, lost in thought. I sighed and took my i-pod out of my pocket. I inserted the earbuds into my ears and searched for a song that fit my mood. I smiled as i came to' My Worst Nightmare by Forever The Sickest Kids', one of my favorite songs. The name might fit, but it was more of a song of loving someone and being betrayed by that person. Not really what I was looking for.

My emotions were conflicted and messed up. I didn't know what to think. Considering I have 629 songs on my i-pod, there had to be something on here!

Yes!  I came to 'Break by Three Days Grace'. I closed my eyes and listened to the lyrics. Music was a big part of my life. There were so many different kinds. A song for every mood, feeling, and experiance. I was the type of girl who liked hip-hop and alternative rock.

When I was smaller,  I always said I was going to be the best singer in the world.  Now I know that wouldn't happen, but it was still nice to dream. That's one thing I miss about being a kid. When you were little, the world didn't seem like such a bad place. You didn't understand what people in the news were talking about and when your parents were angry at you. It was nice to be clueless sometimes.

I started singing the lyrics to Break.

"Tonight, my head is spinning. I need something to pick me up. I've tried but nothing is working. I won't stop, I won't say I've had enough."

My nightmares probably meant nothing. But that's not what it felt like. It was something I couldn't explain. Like...they may happen.

I shook my head, dismissing the thought quickly. Ridiculous. I thought back to the dream where Olivia was pulled into the haze of shadows. When I knew she would never be the same. No that couldn't be true. I laughed at myself nervously. Maybe I was going insane.

The song changed to 'Fight Inside by Red'. Perfect again.

I thought about the saying that had been in the last two dreams. Where the darkness rests. What was that all about anyways? I sighed. It was useless. They were just dreams like Harley had said.

I couldn't tell him that of course. He would say something about him being right all the time and that I should listen to him more often. That would start a conversation about who was right more, ending in a truce.

The thought made me smile. Now that I was in a better mood I looked for a song that fit my peacefull feeling.

Well this song wasn't peaceful at all but I wanted to listen to it. It was 'Up N Down by Audio Push'. Inappropriate song. I grinned wickedly. After a while I layed down, my knees over the armrest, my head on the hard wood. It wasn't that bad.

I looked up at the stars. Sure you couldn't really see that many of them with all the lights and everything, but what you could see was pretty breath taking.

I looked at my watch. 4:08. Now i wasn't so creeped out. I sighed. I needed to get back inside. I closed my eyes. Just for a second...