Chapter: 4

I pulled my soggy corpse onto the, now tottering peer. Surprisingly, my weight wasn't enough to send it crumbling to the cold, watery abyss. I couldn't find enough strength to stand up, so I just laid there for a moment and listened to the night's chorus while staring up at dark tapestry above me. It looked better without having to view it from underwater; much more clearer and less bubbles blocking the little stars scattered across the sky.

I couldn't even remember the last time I got to see a sight like this. Perhaps I had seen such a sight before, and Dr. Fuckface destroyed it by filling my brain with medicine or electricity. Whatever got the job done.
I couldn't remember the joys of childhood, but I could remember Ralph holding my head under water. I could remember every name he called me; abomination being his favorite. He always compared me to Jason Voorhees...

Shit!

I stumbled to my feet, nearly catapulting back into the lake. It took my body a moment to remember what it felt like to not be submerged in water. As I waited, I got a glimpse of myself in the watery mirror below me.

I couldn't recognize the girl staring back at me. We had the same brown eyes, though they were a little clouded, the same pointed nose, the same hair...but her skin was washed out; almost a shade of blueish-grey. What surprised me the most was the gaping gash on her right cheek. It looked like the skin had been ripped off, exposing a set of bloody gums and the rest of her teeth remaining in her head.

I stared down at myself a bit longer in disbelief. Was this the abomination Ralph wanted? Well, as the woman had told me earlier: If he made me a Voorhees, he was going to get one...whatever the fuck that meant.

I glanced down at the mask dangling from my hands and carefully put it over my mouth, adjusted my wet jacket and limped off of the peer, then entered the woods. Time to do some dead old lady's dirty work.

So sorry for the short chapters!