Mind Or Heart?

9 pm

Nairobi and I are left alone in the kitchen to do our duties, even though we are contemplating for one hell of a robbery, we still had to do the usual everyday house tasks. we took turns fairly.

I begin picking up the dishes one by one until my hand landed on Berlin's plate.

I stand there for a good second until Nairobi breaks the silence.

"Paris, I want you to open up your heart for me," she said while mopping the floor and gazing at me.

I pick up his plate and place it on top of the pile I have to wash, and I turn to her.

"I'm the psychologist here, shouldn't it be the other way around," I say and walk towards the small kitchen smiling.

"it's OK to take break from your work sometimes, tell me" she placed the broom against the wall and leaned on the marble drinking area.

"what do you want to know Nairobi" I start washing the plates acting calmly.

"Mister Berlin" she chuckled

"a... And! what about him? " I immediately turn my attention to her.

"that's what I want to know too, what's happening between you and him"

I place down the plates rushing her way

"shh... Why are you being so loud? You are imagining things"

"Hello, I'm a girl too, or should I flash my boobs on you now?" she said sarcastically about to pull up her shirt

"gosh OK, I get it" I throw down my shoulders in surrender.

"I like him OK, he's like no one I have ever seen." I look down embarrassed letting out a sigh of defeat.

"you say it like it's such a big secret, don't you think I noticed already," she said and walked towards me.

"but that's about it. Nothing between us, he doesn't like me or anything, so now that you know, drop it, it's very uncomfortable" I said and crossed my arms.

"alright Paris, I will take that" she placed her hands on my shoulders.

"Remember, I'm not trying to bother you here, I'm just worried for you, you still remember why I'm here don't you? " she looked me fiercely in the eyes. Her hands gripped me tighter on the shoulders.

"yes... Getting your kid back" I say feeling bad avoiding looking at her.

Me and Nairobi are the only ones doing this Heist for a reason bigger than just selfishly wanting money for ourselves to enjoy life.

Both of us are doing it for our family, in her case, her only family is her 7 years old son axel.

She lost him when he was just 3 years old. She didn't tell me how or why yet, that's all I know.

"Paris, you... more than anyone knows how important this Heist is for me, for both of us. I can't let anyone selfishly sabotage the entire plan just because they fell in love? forgive me I'm not trying to sound harsh. once we are done you both can go marry each other on some island, but now promise me you will do your best" she looked me dead serious in the eyes but she was also very sad.

I nodded my head and smiled for a bit

"I know Nairobi, nothing will ruin this I promise you, you will get back your beloved kid" I hugged her.

"hopefully sis, and you can be his aunt too" she chuckled holding her tears.

"let's get back to cleaning before the professor adds another day of cleaning in our schedule," I say and break the hug gently smiling