30.

Amara

I was briskly making my way to class when Lucien gave me a really fascinating call. My only complaint was that he hadn't woken me up from my fifteen-minute nap before my statistics class. With mixed emotions, I picked up the phone.

"Amara Jordyn." He beat me to it.

"Lucien King. How come you haven't woken me up? Remember, we are in the same class, so I made it clear that you did," I fired back.

He said, "I can't stop thinking about you," and I laughed, my indignant feeling instantly dissipating.

"You're welcome."

"However, we do need closure, don't you think?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, my voice filled with confusion.

"Well, I got a call from the hospital that William is staying at, and they informed me that he was being discharged," he explained.

"That's wonderful news," I exclaimed, trying to dodge passing students.

"It is. Also, since he doesn't have any family to see to him, I was thinking that you and I can go visit him and take him to his home? That is, if you're interested in going with me? I don't know if you're busy or what," he asked nervously, which was surprising.

He's never nervous. At least, from my experience.

His inquiry caused me to halt in my tracks, and I grinned broadly. "I would definitely like to accompany you, Lu. I'm never too busy for those who mean a lot to me."

With relief, he sighed. "Great," he said, "We'll head out right after class," and I nodded.

I grimaced as I realised he was unable to see me through the phone. I squeaked out a yes and hurried to class.

As I took my seat, I couldn't help but anticipate going to see William more than actually being excited over class, as I usually am. As we had promised to visit him the next day after our previous visit, the doctor who was seeing to him told us that he couldn't have any visitors since he needed lots of rest. So, we didn't bother to return in case we got the same answer, which we accepted. He did need the rest. He's recovering from such an accident, and we didn't want to over pressure his mind.

I was elated that we both had one class today, which was also a 9 o'clock class. Classes lessened as the semester drew to a close, but coursework and group projects increased.

After the two-hour lecture, I headed to the parking lot where I saw Lucien resting against his car, engrossed in his phone.

He smiled and put his phone away when he spotted me. We gave each other a quick kiss before getting into the car and driving onto the highway that would take us to the hospital.

"So," he began, "I've been meaning to ask you something, but I wanted to leave it as a surprise."

I turned to face him and twisted my mouth as if I was thinking. "Well, you already mentioned it so, why can't you just tell me now?" I remarked sarcastically.

He gave a headshake. "Because you're no fun when it comes to surprises."

Half displeased I gasped. "How can you say that? Am I not fun? If that's the case, you'd better quit hanging out with me," I crossed my arms and turned to face front.

He let out a hearty laugh. "Come on, princess, I didn't say you weren't enjoyable. Like I mentioned, you sabotage surprises."

My eyes widened. "It was one time Lucien." Unintentionally, I had revealed that Raf's grandparents were flying into state to see him on his birthday. I was formally dubbed the girl who destroyed surprises after that incident.

"One time is more than enough to state that you will do it again," he softly replies. I gave up. I look out the window and shake my head.

"Just prepare for eight o'clock and head out of town to Arguello Way with Syl. It's the third house on the right," He looks from me to the road and continued, "I'll give you the rest of the details when you arrive."