19.

Amara

"So, Mara," Brad started and I already started to dislike the nickname. "How long have you known the L master?"

I turned to face him. "Why does it matter?"

"Because this is the longest I've seen him with a girl on his arm. I've known him for a year. We met at a party. Lots of parties actually," he chuckled.

"Who's ready to get this party starteddddddd!" Rafael yelled on the top of his lungs and lit an object in his hands. Someone increased the volume on the speakers and people scattered all over, some even filled the spaces on the logs to play the interesting game Rafael and the rest of them were about to endure.

I was feeling somewhat different from everyone which I was, but I still wanted to fit in just for one night. Knowing that me getting up from my position would've made Lucien furious, I told my lungs to not be shitty just this once and got up to search for Mr. McSteamy. I spotted his tattooed hand from afar and walked up to him. His group of friends instantly saw me and started checking me out indecently. Lucien followed their gaze, and a scowl met his perfect features.

"I think I want a drink," I yelled to Lucien over the music.

He looked at me in disagreement. "Fuck no. I don't want you starting shit," he yelled back.

"But you do it."

He motioned the cup to me. "This is pure soda. I don't drink." He surprised me so much.

"Come on, let the girl have some fun," a girl with a pixie cut hairstyle whined and forced a red cup between my fingers. I was hesitant for a moment, but I did not care what the liquid that filled the cup was and downed it all down with one sip.

"This one's a keeper Lucy," she grinned and introduced herself as Becky, short for Rebekah.

"So, how about we play a game of suck and blow?" One of the guys asked.

"Suck and blow. I'm down," someone else commented. Everyone positioned themselves to form a small circle.

"Come on Lucien," Brad appeared from behind me.

"I'm good man," Lucien told him.

"Amara?" Everyone turned their attention to me.

"I will play," I blurted out, not waiting for Lucien's approval. Not like I needed it.

"Really?" Becky questioned my sanity.

"I know how the game works. I can do as I please," I spoke which such confidence, earning a nod of approval from her and a few of the other guys. and give her an innocent smile. I knew better than to look at Lucien in that moment. He already told me to sit at the fire, now here I am disobeying him for the second time tonight.

Didn't I say before that I didn't need his approval? Now I sound like I fear him.

"Okay, I got it," a guy placed a piece of paper between his lips and passed it along the line with his mouth.

"Yes."

As soon as the paper hit Brad's lips and he turned to face me, I didn't realise that we stood next to each other.

Unfortunately, as he bent down to my level to exchange the paper to my lips, he exhaled, blew away the paper and moved closer to me. He smirked widely and attacked my lips with full force. I tried breaking away from his alcohol filled breath, but he wrapped his hands firmly around my waist to prevent me from moving. The moment his skin came in contact with mines, he was pulled off of me and thrown to the floor. I couldn't even process what was happening, my head started to spin, and my lungs were back to their sucky selves once more.

A bump on the shoulder brought me back to reality and I stumbled my way over to stare at what everyone was looking at.

"Dude, dude, dude!" Lucien's hands latched tightly around Brad's neck and the colour change of his face indicated that Brad is near death. Brad's blood was all over Lucien's knuckles and nobody dared to break the fight up.

"Lucien!!!" I screamed and turned to Rafael and Sylvia for assistance.

"Raf, do something!" I screech but they both seemed amused.

"This fight was bound to happen, you just happened to let it happen sooner than later," Rafael stood back, crossing his arms in front of him. I stared in horror at the sight before me.

I mustered up the strength I had and went to break up the fight, Sylvia and Rafael hot on my heels. "Dude, don't go there all right," Rafael pulled Lucien off of a now blue-black looking Brad who scrambled to his feet and ran in the other direction.

"Chill out, man. Hey, man, Relax. Okay, relax," Rafael pat Lucien on the back and pulled out his handkerchief to wipe off the blood from his face and knuckles.

As soon as his red eyes met mines, I didn't dare look away. The anger was radiating off of him and I couldn't find myself to be angrier with him than he already was with me.

It was all my fault. If I had just stayed put like he told me to, our night would've ended differently.

I tried taking a step forward but my legs felt wobbly and my lungs gave up on me.

"Amara!!" was the last thing I heard as my body came in contact with the sandy ground.

***

If you're liking this story, don't forget to vote and leave a nice review! xoxo