15-The last piece

In the week that followed, they grew even closer. It was like Harry had put his walls down and Louis understood that this is how they had been with each other before his accident. Harry was always touching him. It could be an arm around the shoulder or a hand on his back and Louis really didn't mind. It felt comforting and...familiar. It actually helped. He started to have more and more memory flashes of Harry. It was usually just images of Harry in different settings. Harry laughing. Harry talking. Harry looking at him in that special way. His twin sisters would refer to it as heart eyes.

They had to be back in the studio again after their mini-break and Louis really enjoyed it. He could actually remember some of the performances they did in the past so it didn't feel foreign now.

He didn't tell any of the boys about the memories he had to regain. Not yet. He wanted to make sure that he remembered most of it first. Most importantly, he wanted to remember his feelings for Harry first. That was the most important part and the lack of it stressed him out. Why couldn't he remember? Hadn't he actually been in love with Harry? God, that would be so bad! If he finally remembered everything and then there was nothing. Harry would be absolutely crushed! The thought itself made him nervous. So much pressure!
But the memories kept flooding in at a steady pace. Louis was relieved.

----------------

Harry did his best to hide the pain he was in. The days went by and Louis was the same. No memories. No feelings. Maybe he just had to accept that this was it. Louis would never remember him. Well, then they could make new memories. As much as it pained him, he tried to act the same around Louis. Like he had been before the accident. It was really fucking hard. But he thought it would be even harder to stay away from him.

--------------------

Louis walked into the studio on Friday after a much-needed pee break. They had spent the whole week in the studio from early hours until late in the evenings. The album was almost done and he was proud of it.

Louis looked over at Harry who was talking to Zayn and he stopped dead in his tracks. A memory of Harry's face as he orgasmed while he was sucking him off suddenly washed before his eyes. Oh, my fucking hell! Louis gasped for air and felt himself getting semi-hard. That was the most beautiful and sexy thing he'd ever witness in his entire life! Why would he remember that now?

His eyes fell on Liam and it was like a lid was screwed off a bottle or a dam bursting. He remembered a conversation he must have had with Liam. How he poured out his feelings about Harry. Crying. Babbling about every little thing he loved about the curly-haired boy, questioning if it was love he was feeling. Bloody hell! Wow! Did this actually happen?

"Liam? Can I talk to you outside for a moment?" Louis shouted. He had to know. Now.

"Sure." Liam responded and came walking up to Louis looking confused.
They went out in the hallway and Liam turned to face him when they got outside.
"What's up?"

"Did I come home to you and talked about Harry?" Louis asked impatiently.

It took a second for Liam to make the connection. His eyes got wide in surprise.
"Yes! Before the accident."

"What.. what did I say?" Louis asked biting his lower lip.

Liam scratched the back of his head.
"Ehm, a lot of things. You asked how you knew that you were in love with someone and I asked you to describe how you felt when you were with Harry. You said so much, Louis. How he always made you happy, how beautiful he was, that he made you feel safe and that he was your Home." Liam tried to remember the conversation.

Home. The word hit Louis like a steam train in the chest. Harry was home. It was like the last piece of the puzzle finally came in place. All of a sudden emotions were hitting him from every angle and Louis gasped for air. He reached out a hand and grabbed Liam's arm to keep himself on his feet. His legs felt like jello and his heart was beating fast.
He felt it now. Love. So much love for the green-eyed, curly-haired boy. He started to cry and laugh at the same time.