|intro|

yehet another book is out! let's get it! 😁✊

💉lowercase intended

💉mature contents (maybe)

💉💉💉

haechan lost count how many times he had sighed today. people walked passed by and some vehicles either speeding up the road or decelerating outside the café he was seated in. the tanned male was used to the scenery as he spent most of his time sitting at the corner of the small but comfortable café, having his favorite strawberry milkshake that somehow boosted his energy after a long and tiring day.

although he loved the brief moment that mostly took about 30 minutes, he wanted it to end. it was his third-week searching for a job but luck wasn't at his side. don't get him wrong, he wasn't broke but he was indeed born with a silver spoon. his family was rich; his father owned a college with him as the principal. it was where haechan finished his study and graduated with a satisfying grade. his mother was a fashion designer at one of the famous clothing brands in seoul.

his parents insisted him to work with either one of them but haechan refused. he majored in psychology and it was obvious that his mother's career wasn't matched with his interest. as for his father, he offered him to work as a psychology teacher in the college but haechan rejected it as he didn't want to be pampered and wanted to learn to be independent. his parents were against the idea at first but, they approved it with a condition that haechan needed to get a job within a month or else, he had no other choice but to work according to his parents' choice.

haechan got frustrated as he failed for god knows how many times already. he rechecked his emails and none from the places he had sent his resume to, were replying to him. there were some but they were always a negative response.

the annoying ringtone of his phone made him groan. he shoved his hand in his pocket and fished out the rectangle object, sliding his thumb over the screen to pick up the call without bothering to read the caller id.

"hello," haechan muttered, trying not to sound annoyed.

a chuckle was heard on the other line and haechan immediately recognized it. it was definitely his best friend, lucas. "yo haechannie!"

"hey lucas, what's up?" haechan leaned back against the chair, looking outside the café.

"guess what, i have good news for you! about the job, you know?!" the latter squealed excitedly.

haechan sighed, again, he lost hope whenever lucas told him about the good news, it always turned out the opposite. but it wasn't lucas' fault though. haechan was grateful that lucas was always there to help him looking for a job. it was just his luck that didn't side with him.

"haechannie, are you there? come on, don't be quiet!" lucas tried to cheer him up as he was answered with silence.

"i don't know, lucas. what if it's another failure?" haechan huffed.

"hey, i swear you'll get it this time. i bet my ancient 50 cents hongkong's coin that you'll get hired!"

haechan smiled at the enthusiastic tone the latter used. "how sure are you, huh?"

"listen haechannie, the place offers a position you're looking for and only one vacancy is available," lucas said.

haechan's eyes twinkled in delight hearing the news that made him sat up straight. "lucas.. that's awesome! where is it? is it at one of the institutions in seoul? or outside of seoul? oh my god, i'm so excited!"

lucas laughed nervously before he spoke. "uh about that uhm, it's not an institution like a school or something ordinary.."

"where is it then?" haechan asked, feeling confused.

"a mental asylum."

a markhyuck fanfiction

| | mark lee x lee donghyuck | |

2019

🌼 adorkablemarkhyuck 🌼