seven

haechan arrived at his home at night. after putting mark to sleep, he decided to leave. of course, it wasn't an easy task as haechan had to comfort him and promise to be back tomorrow. thankfully, mark listened to him well and let him go.

haechan stepped out from the bathroom, drying his hair with the towel as he took some clothes from the closet. wearing the black t-shirt and pair of short pants, haechan sat on the mattress and grabbed his phone. the time showed 10 pm. he scrolled on his phone, looking for lucas' number.

he hadn't got the chance to tell him about his job as it kept him occupied most of the time. he waited for the latter to pick up the phone.

"haechanie! what's up?" lucas' voice was loud on the other line that had the tanned male pulled the phone away from his ear for a second.

"i got the job dude," haechan informed and he could hear lucas' gasp.

"congratulation man! so when are you going to start working?" lucas asked.

"today was my first day. i'm sorry i didn't tell you earlier. it was such a hectic day for a starting," haechan sighed as he noted the patient that he needed to confront.

"wow, that sounds interesting. tell me more when we meet up and hey, we need to celebrate on getting your first job ever!" lucas stated happily.

haechan laughed as he laid down, placing his arm under his head as he didn't want to get the pillow damp. "we should. i will treat you lunch or something when i get my day off. thank you lucas for helping me. i don't know how i should repay your kindness."

"pfft, don't even mention it haechan. that's what a best friend does," lucas smiled and sighed afterward. "even though it had been a while since the incident happened, sometimes i'm still amazed how much it changes your personality."

haechan chuckled lightly at the different tone lucas used. "and you still want to talk about it."

"well, i do miss the old haechan that i know before, the sarcastic one that almost knows nothing about what being a nice man is," lucas giggled, recalling the memories. "you were one horrible kid; you know that?"

"oh no, not this talk again lucas," haechan groaned. "hey, my mother said i'm always and forever will be their good son, okay?"

"yeah, whatever man. it doesn't matter anymore. as long as you're fine now then i'm glad," lucas smiled.

haechan yawned and rubbed his eye. "so, i'll text you soon when we'll hang out, okay? and bring jungwoo too."

"alright. don't stress yourself too much. you can do it. fighting haechan!" lucas cheered.

giggling, haechan decided to end the call as he felt sleepy. "thank you, lucas. i'm going to sleep now, bye."

"bye haechan.." lucas' voice trailed off and he hung up with a sigh..

"only if he knew what was really happening.."

💉💉💉

the first week of working passed by really quick. haechan spent most of his time with mark inside the room, acting as his boyfriend. mark would call him beautiful and gave him an endearment, angel, that sometimes made haechan embarrassed. he thought mark must have wanted to call his boyfriend that if he really does have one.

right now, mark had just finished his last bite of food that haechan spoon feed him. haechan let him drink the water before grabbing his prescribed medicine and gave it to mark. gulping the tablet, he handed back the glass to haechan.