eighteen

haechan stood nervously in front of the asylum building. he was early to work as he couldn't sleep last night. a lot of things came to his mind.

after making sure that mark was sleeping soundly, he locked the latter inside his apartment, afraid that he would wander to the only god knows where.

haechan constantly checked his phone, telling himself to keep his shit together if doyoung called him. walking inside the building, he gave a nervous smile to the guards who returned back the gesture.

"you're unusually early today, mr. lee," one of the guards remarked.

haechan stopped his track and cleared his throat. "well, yeah... i have some things to deal with today."

"i see. have a great day!" he beamed as haechan quickly walked away.

the tanned male waited for doyoung in front of his room, pacing back and forth as he kept on rearranging his words inside his head.

"haechan?"

startled by the voice, haechan took a sharp inhale of air as he saw doyoung approaching him.

"h-hi," haechan waved awkwardly at doyoung.

"why are you here?" doyoung asked, opening the door to his room.

haechan tailed the latter as they went inside. eyeing doyoung doing things to his stuff, haechan spoke. "i have something to talk about."

"about what?" doyoung sat on the chair as he looked at haechan who seemed nervous.

he also noticed the dark circle under the tanned male's eyes that was unusual. haechan always looked cheerful and fresh but today was an exception it made doyoung wonder.

"it's about mark," haechan replied shortly.

"is he going back to his normal state?" doyoung furrowed his brows.

he had been told about mark's steady progress. haechan never missed to hand in the report to doyoung. it was kind of shocking for doyoung that mark had finally decided to open up. doyoung had read about the dream mark had that was filed by haechan and it built the curiosity in him to know the exact thing happened right before the accident.

but he just couldn't stop the medication for the poor male because he didn't want mark to go back and be involved with donghyuck again. it was a miracle that mark survived the accident and it was enough for him to go through it once. doyoung didn't want to lose someone who he saw as his little brother.

haechan nodded. "yes."

doyoung sighed as he rubbed his face, fighting the urge to sigh in relief because that was what he wanted. for mark to forget what he had in the past that doyoung believed to hurt the latter.

"should've given him the stronger pill to get better," doyoung lied.

"no, you shouldn't," haechan breathed out, daring to look doyoung in the eye.

"what do you mean?"

"yes, he's in his normal state as in he's no longer insane. or should i say he is never one? you make him turn into someone who's losing his mind when actually he's not. how could you?" haechan asked in disbelief.

"i don't understand what you're talking about, haechan," doyoung seemed to know where this conversation was going.

"you give him the wrong pill and those shots you claim to help him get better... it's actually to erase his past memories, to forget about his past with donghyuck," haechan's voice was firm.