eight

author's note: hey byuls! i'm sorry for not updating this book for a while and making you wait as i have something going on at the moment. enjoy this short chapter anyways! ♡♡♡

mark laid on his bed as he waited for haechan to return. after the little talking they had, mark felt a bit content as he could finally share what he was holding in his heart for the past years. he knew his lover was still alive and would come back to him and haechan prove it.

mark was far from glad that the tanned male who assembled his boyfriend was there with him. even though the memories he had with donghyuck were slowly fading, mark could still remember pieces by trying hard to recall them. however, the memory of the accident that had taken place was still foggy. no matter how hard mark tried to remember, he couldn't.

he was determined to know what was the cause of them got into the accident. he wanted to seek justice and be freed out of the asylum but obviously no one would believe him.

no one visited him either.

"you alright?" haechan sat next to him.

mark showed a little smile and nodded. "do you remember when i told you about myself?"

"sorry, but i don't.." haechan trailed off quietly.

"it's okay," mark reassured, taking haechan's hand in his.

mark was raised in an orphanage. he had no parents. well, he used to have a mother but she left him outside the orphanage's gate when he was still a baby. mark didn't know why he deserved this kind of treatment but one of the staff who worked there told him about a piece of letter that was with him in the box when he was found.

it turned out that his mother was financially unstable and was too young to have mark to raise him alone. his father? he didn't know. it wasn't stated in the letter and mark didn't want to question it either.

he always wished for his mother to take him back but deep inside he knew she would probably forget about him already. mark just wanted to create a good memory with his mother even if it was just a moment but the only thing she gave him was the name, mark lee, and mark would always treasure it.

mark threw away the thought as he sighed and looked at haechan. "hey, it's weird.. i can't seem to remember about you too, angel," mark said.

haechan made a questioning face and pointed at himself. "me? what do you mean?"

"about your family," mark replied shortly. the word 'family' wasn't familiar to him and sometimes it saddened him to hear it as he never had one.

"ah.." haechan muttered. let's just tell him about my family, haechan thought. "so i'm the only son in my family. my father works as a principal in a college and my mom works as a fashion designer."

mark tilted his head as he heard the information. he then clapped his hands, startling the tanned male. "ah! i remember you used to tell me about this."

haechan furrowed his brows in confusion. does this donghyuck guy really exists and his parents have the same career as my parents? haechan shivered at the thought. "w-what else do you remember?"

mark tried to recall and one thing that he knew was, "i.. i don't like your father."

"why?"

"i don't know but.. but i'm sure that i don't like him!" mark brought his knees closer to his chest as he suddenly felt uneasy.

mark was trembling as he bit his nail messily, staring at the floor. haechan tried to calm him down by stroking his back softly. "hey, let's not talk about this again, okay?"