six

mark woke up from his sleep as his whole body was drenched in sweat. the dream once again appeared. what made him panic more was when he didn't see haechan in the room.

"no.." mark shook his head as his eyes watered. "donghyuck!" he screamed and searched frantically for the tanned male below his bed.

he ran toward the door and tried to twist the knob. haechan left the door unlocked and it caused mark to leave the room. "donghyuck, where are you?!"

his voice rang through the hallway. doyoung who was still on that floor, visiting his third patient heard the ruckus and immediately dashed out of the room once he recognized the voice.

three other nurses followed him and went toward mark. mark was seated on the floor while gripping his hair tightly as he rocked his body violently back and forth. his mind screamed donghyuck and he wanted to see him so bad.

doyoung crouched next to mark as he tried to touch him. "hey calm down."

mark swatted his hand away, looking at doyoung with sharp but teary eyes. "bring me back my donghyuck!" he spoke through gritted teeth.

doyoung signaled the nurses to hold him and they did within a second. mark struggled, kicking his feet in the air as he saw doyoung retrieved the syringe from his pocket.

"no.. please don't.. i only want to see donghyuck.." mark cried as he weakly failed the attempt to break free.

doyoung sighed and checked his watch. it had been three hours since the last calming drug was given to him and giving him a new shot would be dangerous as it would lead to overdosing.

"if you tried to attack, donghyuck will not come," doyoung said sternly.

somehow, mark obeyed and was brought back inside his room by the nurses.

"where is he?" doyoung muttered under his breath as he fished out his phone, dialing a number of one of his colleagues.

after a few ring, the other line was picked up. "taeil hyung, have you seen the new worker here? i asked him to wait for mark in his room but he's not there."

"haechan's here with us at the lounge room. taeyong brought him here," taeil answered.

doyoung raised a brow as taeil had already known his name. he could hear the faint voices on the other line and it seemed like they were having a get-to-know session with the newcomer. "you guys didn't wait for me, huh?"

"you overwork yourself. save the patients for us too. we'll be doing nothing later because of you," taeil teased.

"i don't," doyoung chuckled. his eyes landed on mark and cleared his throat. "hey, can you tell haechan to come here? mark is searching for him."

"alright,"

"thank you," doyoung hung up. "he'll be here in a moment," doyoung told mark.

mark's eyes lit up and smiled widely as he heard the latter's words. "really?"

doyoung just nodded his head and waited for the tanned male to arrive.

on the other hand, haechan mentally cursed at himself for being too caught up with the co-workers he just met. they spoiled him with foods and shared their stories about working in the asylum. haechan was enjoying the nice gesture toward him that he forgot about mark.

he tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for the elevator to reach the destined floor. as the doors were opened, he ran toward mark's room and saw doyoung was sitting on the chair next to mark's bed.