four

haechan had his head between his palms as his elbows rested on the desk. his legs shook under the table as he anxiously bit his lower lip, replaying the scene in his mind.

he just got accepted to work at the asylum. he supposed to feel happy that his unemployment period had come to an end but a tug in his heart told him otherwise. fear took over him whenever he remembered who he should be dealing with there.

"mark lee.."

the name left his mouth in a soft whisper. it rolled on his tongue smoothly and somehow it seemed familiar to haechan. the tanned male shook his head and decided to go downstairs to see his parents and told them about the good news.

haechan peeked at the dining area and saw his parents eating their meal. slowly, haechan approached them and pulled out the chair, sitting down.

"took you a while to join us," his father muttered.

"i'm sorry, i have something to do," haechan watched the maid putting the food on his plate.

his mother eyed him and put down her spoon and fork, clearing her throat. "you look like you have something to tell us, what is it?"

haechan glanced at his father and tore off the gaze quickly as his father looked at him, raising a brow. haechan shifted uncomfortably in his seat, disliking the look on his father's face. he was cold and strict toward the tanned male and haechan wasn't close with him. they were like strangers but living under one roof.

"i got the job," haechan said, playing with his fingers on his laps.

"really? that's good to hear," his mother smiled at haechan who needed it as he was nervously waiting for the older man's reaction.

"so when will you start working?" his father's question surprised him. haechan thought he would be angry and not accept it as he always insisted that haechan should work with him.

"tomorrow," haechan looked straight at his father.

his father hummed and pushed the plate away. "you're a man now and you're right, you should learn how to become independent. i'm proud of you."

haechan fought back the smile as his father patted his shoulder and stood up, leaving the dining room. he rarely received a compliment from him and hearing one from him, was a major blessing for haechan.

"you make your father proud, son. congratulation on getting the job," his mother saw the little grin that slowly bloomed on his son's face. "now eat up. you need energy for your first day at work tomorrow."

"thank you, mom," haechan replied as he took the spoon and happily filled his stomach.

💉💉💉

haechan arrived at the asylum 15 minutes earlier before the clock stroke 9 am. he went straight to doyoung's room and after three knocks, doyoung let him inside.