Chapter XXII: Jack

(Edited)

"You want me to do what?" Peter asked as his godmother and Eddie basically kidnapped him from school. Even though it was during his lunch period he was still anxious about being late to his next class.

"We need you to help us, Peter. With you being Spiderman the city will be more on your side than ours" Eddie explained, mostly referring to their Symbiotes and how the New York only saw them as evil because of Cletus slash Carnage.

"Alright but if Cletus can turn into that-- that thing, how are you guys supposed to help? I know (y,n) can fight and Eddie can do something but he turns into a killing machine. I don't want you guys to get hurt" Peter told them causing her to smile at his concern for them.

"We appreciate the worry, Pete. But we can handle ourselves" (Y,n) reassured him,

"Are we just gonna ignore the fact that I was just insulted?" Eddie spoke up while putting his hands in his pockets.

"It wasn't really an insult, if anything, it was more of me not being sure that you can handle yourself in a fight" The school bell rang and Peter started to walk away from the backward, "I-I have to get to class so I'll see you guys after school so (Y,n)-- text me the address. Bye!" Peter ran into the school before they were able to say anything else.

Eddie turned to (y,n) with a 'Did you see that' look on his face as she shrugged and walked back to the car with him following behind her.

By the time Peter was out of school he quickly stripped off his clothes that were hiding his spiderman suit and put on his mask and didn't waste any time to go to the location that was sent to his phone.

He wasn't sure if Cletus would actually be there, I mean, it wasn't an abandoned building like time but instead it was a well known tower. Oscorp Industries. "Why the hell would Cletus hiding out at one of the busiest buildings in the city?" The young boy asked himself as he sat on the rooftop of another building, watching every person that walked in and out.

(Y,n)

She knew better than to get Spiderman involved with her shenanigans. The whole Iron family would be breathing down her neck the second they caught wind of it and then would probably try to kill her if the poor boy got hurt.

The chime of her phone shook her from her thoughts. She checked who it was from then turned to look at Eddie, "It's Peter..." She sighed before standing up and grabbing her leather jacket off the back of the chair and quickly putting it on,

"What he'd say?" Eddie immediately stood up and reached for his grey sweatshirt.

"He said that Cletus, or Carnage, is climbing the side of the building," She told him in a rather calm voice than expected. But this is exactly what she wanted.

The calm before the storm.

And she was the calm and storm altogether.

Once they were at the building, the couple wasted no time to climb it. They didn't know how long they had until the police were involved so they had to do this quick and fast. They stared at the man with the wild red hair stood on top, looking down at and out at the busy city below as if the people down there meant nothing and he was some kind of god.

"I used to dream about us, you know?" Cletus didn't have to turn around to know that they were there. "Me and my sister... Ruling over this pitiful city... Doing what we want, fucking who want, hell-- I dreamed that we would even have a bar together!" He spun around with his hands stretched out as a laugh erupted from him,

"We both know dreams don't always last, Cletus." (Y,n) told him as he began pacing.

"But we could've had it all. Everything could have been ours but you threw it away for what? F-For this piece of garbage? Because you felt bad for him because you love him--" Cletus made a loud barfing noise as he bent over and held his stomach with both hands.