Chapter XXIV: Secrets

(Edited)

(Y,n)

She had one day to get rid of Olivier. That was rude. She had one day to make sure that whoever the hell this kid gets somewhere safe.

"We can't involve Tony or Eddie. Things are going good for them and I did kind of wish more chaos in my life" (Y,n) spoke to her symbiote in a low voice not knowing if Olivier was awake or not and could hear her.

Scream introduced herself to him last night and unlike everyone else who sees the symbiote and immediately gets scared or runs away in fear, Olivier wasn't fazed. As if he was used to seeing things as weird as some strange alien living inside a human being. "We can't keep the kid, no matter how much we want to. Our actual child is coming home tomorrow and we have to take care of him." Scream reminded her host as (Y,n) sighed and searched through her contacts stopping at Alex's name for a few seconds before moving down the list. Ever since she started dating Eddie, her and Alex sort of started to drift away, he was her best friend and the man she could always count on, he'd answer her call right?

She went back to his name and pressed the phone picture, calling her old friend.

To be honest, her heart was racing a little but she tried to play it off as the ringing soon stopped meaning that he picked up the phone,

"Eh-- Alex?" (Y,n) called out, not sure if he answered or the tone just stopped.

"Hey, (Y,n). Long time no see, huh?" there was something different about him, he didn't sound like the same guy from before. His voice was rougher and not as soft-spoken, it made her look at the contact name for a second to make sure that she didn't call the wrong person.

"Well, yeah, it has. Uh, I need a favor-- no, I need your help. I have this kid--"

"I'm sorry, (Y,n) but I can't help you anymore."

Her words along with her breath got stuck in her throat as her mouth was opening and closing like a goldfish. Alex has always been there for her, no matter what was going on so for him to reject her as this left her shocked and a little bit hurt if she was being honest.

"O-Oh, uh. Is there a reason why? I mean, I can't let Eddie help me and I have to be home by tomorrow--"

"Listen, (Y,n). I can't just keep getting caught up in your fucking chaotic life anymore! It was fine when we were both trying to take down your brother but I can not keep listening to your bitching and whinging and honestly-- just delete my number, Kasady."

Before she could even say a response he hung up and left her standing there with her phone still up to her ear. "Does that mean I'm allowed to eat him now?" Scream asked as (Y,n) looked at her phone and stared at Tony's name while trying her best not to grit her teeth. "Not before I slit his fucking throat and stuff it with his balls..." She basically growled. How could someone you've known for almost your whole life just wind up being the person you'd want to kill the most?

(Y,n) left her room with a sour mood now as Olivier was standing in the kitchen eating something and staring at her as if he heard her conversation but there was no way he could've since she was speaking low.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't know if you were awake or not and I was hungry so I just uh, made a sandwich." He explained, holding the small piece of his food left. She could only sigh in response as she walked past him and laid on the couch having her right arm and leg hit the floor, this kid can't go anywhere, and if he leaves there's a good chance that whoever is after this poor boy will kill him or take him back to wherever he was before the bar.

"Why are those guys after you?" (Y,n) asked him, only turning her head to the side so she could breathe better. When Olivier didn't answer but sat down on the recliner with his hands folded his hands in his lap causing her to sit up and stare at him for a while, "Come on kid, I'm putting my life in danger just by having you here so I'm going to need you to speak up." She groans while sitting up on the couch and turning to him as she held his hands together in a nervous matter.