Chapter 3

A/N: Sorry about the delayed update! Thanks for your patience!

Disclaimer: I don't own the show or its characters

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Adrien POV

I stood there, my mouth wide open. What had I just heard? I couldn't possibly take LILA ROSSI of all people to a school dance. What was this life? I started to protest, but Father silenced me with a wave of his hand. Furious, I turned around and tried to slow my breathing as I walked towards the car.

My bodyguard dropped me off at school, and unfortunately Lila was present that day. Hopefully one of us would have to leave early so I didn't have to ask her. Then I'd just... avoid her until the dance rolled around or someone else asked her. Ugh, I couldn't believe my terrible luck.

Gabriel POV

I watched Adrien storm out to Hank, his bodyguard, who then opened the door to allow my son inside the car before firmly closing it after him.

"Sir," I heard my assistant Nathalie say behind me, "was this really the wisest choice? It's clear he was upset about it."

He was upset indeed; I could feel it in the butterfly miraculous I always wore. "It's alright, Nathalie. Be glad that I am Hawkmoth, or else he would be at risk. But no, Lila's mother proposed a deal to me about her daughter modeling with Adrien for free if he simply asked her to this foolish dance, if it can even be called a dance. Regardless, it's a good business decision, and Adrien will come to see that one day, hopefully soon."

"Of course, sir," came Nathalie's monotone response. She added with a sly grin, "And Hawkmoth may even be able to find a victim after all, with all those girls devastated by their idol going out with another girl."

"Precisely," I said, the gears already turning in my brain. "Let us hope Adrien does everything according to plan."

Adrien POV
I stormed through my classes. I was just so mad at Father. Sure, he has done a lot to make my life not normal, but still. He's never flat-out interfered with it before. It was a miracle I made it to the end of the day without getting akumatized, but that wasn't necessary a plus; I still had to face stupid Lila with her stupid face. If it was possible to hate my life anymore I'm sure I would have in that moment.

I stalled in the library for a while just trying to avoid Lila, but it was avoiding the inevitable. I decided that it was time to be brave, and let a little of my inner Chat Noir come through.

I walked into the courtyard and—great, just my luck. Lila was the sole person there, scrolling through her phone, as though she was waiting for me. I made the first move. "Uh, hey, Lila."

Her head jerked up, and her face broke into a smile, a smile I had come to see was fake. "Adrien! This morning, my mom actually got a message from your dad! He said that you had something important to say," she explained, standing up from her seat on the bench.

"Oh! Yeah, so, what did you get on that test?" My mind blanked and I lost my courage. Father already contacted her? Ugh.

She blinked, clearly not expecting my response, but she quickly recovered. "The history one?"

"Yeah," I said, making things up on the spot, "I got a 98%. How'd you do?" Why couldn't I just shut up and get this over with?

Lila conveniently interrupted my thought process. "Wow, I only got a 71! You know, I'd really like you to tutor me, because you're so smart, and I'd love to hang out more!" Well too bad, because I didn't want to spend a second longer with her than I had to. But I somehow managed to remain polite.

"Yeah, I guess, but Father rarely lets me have guests," I said, looking at my feet. I really just needed to man up and ask Lila out, because I knew if I didn't, Father would never allow me to keep going to school. "Anyway, there is something I did want to talk to you about," I ventured. There. Now I had to talk about it.

"Really? What?" She said eagerly.

"Well, I was wondering..." I started to say. Here goes nothing, I guess. "So, you know how the spring dance is coming up?"

"Yes, Adrien, what about the dance?" Lila said, clearly only pretending to be oblivious behind that smile of hers.

"Did you, um, want to go with me?" My first time asking a girl out. I hope I didn't do anything wrong, but at the same time I hoped I did. Then maybe Lila wouldn't go with me.

"You mean, like, as your date?" Why wouldn't she just answer? Were all girls like that?

"Uh, yeah, I guess." I responded, just wanting to home.

"Of course! I'd love to!" There was so much joy in her voice, I wondered how much she had hoped for me to ask her.

"Great," I said stiffly, "but I have to go now. My bodyguard's waiting." I turned to walk out, and I could have sworn I saw a figure dart out from the shadows, but it was probably nothing, and if it was it could wait. I was so tired, and desperately wanted to collapse onto my bed.

"Bye, Adrien!" Lila called putting sweetly, waving at me from the top of the stairs.

I barely managed to give her a little smile and a wave before climbing into the car. The second I closed the door I felt Hank pull out into traffic, and I was finally able to relax. I leaned back and wondered how I could get myself out of this situation.

Sorry all, that chapter took unnecessary amounts of time, due to personal issues and a serious case of writers' block. I have also made the decision to no longer have a scheduled release time. I mentioned that I was new to the format, so I kinda messed around with my writing schedule. I found that writing with no due date is easier and more fluent. I will still update regularly, but more at some times that others. Thank you for reading!

If you liked this chapter, please support me by voting for it and subscribing to me (I'll subscribe back 😉)

See you soon potatoes!!🥔❤️🥔❤️🥔