Chapter 4

Welcome back! Wow it's been a WHILE. Basically this is the part when Marinette gets akumatized. Also if you like my work, please check out another story I wrote called 'Accalia'. It's about a wolf miraculous holder (she is also Adrien's cousin) and I would greatly appreciate if you checked it out. Now, without further ado, I present Chapter 4.

Marinette POV

I couldn't think. I wouldn't think. What happened to me? Why would Adrien choose her over me? Unless... tears welled up in my eyes. Unless he thought that even though she was her own villain and a liar, that she was still better than me.

I pushed open the door to the bakery, and Mom immediately saw my pained expression.

"Oh no, Marinette honey, what happened?" she asked in the softest voice.

I brushed at my tears. "If it's alright with you, I think I'm gonna be in my room for a while."

Her face softened further. "Of course, sweetheart. Let me know if you need anything."

I nodded, although I knew I wouldn't bother her with these issues. If I was feeling bold, perhaps I'd call Alya, but I wasn't even certain I'd let her know what happened.

I blindly stumbled up the stairs to my room. Lila had done it; she'd officially ruined me. My heart felt shattered. I collapsed on my bed and sobbed great tears.

"Oh, Marinette, I'm so sorry—" Tikki began.

"No!" I screamed. "I don't... I would like to be alone, please." Tikki solemnly nodded, but I still felt her presence. No, I didn't want anyone with me now. I slowly reached up, and quickly removed my earrings and threw them across my room. Tikki vanished along with them.

Sure, call me stupid. But being Ladybug was a reason why I lost Adrien, and to Lila of all people. I had to miss out on opportunities with him and getting closer. I really was just done with living a half life like this.

Just then my phone buzzed, with a text notification from Lila. The only reason I'd ever gotten her number was to block it. It should've been blocked. Furious, I unlocked my phone to re-block her. That's when I saw it.

I told you I would make Adrien love me, Dupain-Cheng. He and I will be the dance king and queen for sure, and where will you be? Oh yeah, all alone with no friends!
Xoxo, Lila

Who sends a text like that? Struggling to maintain my composure, I moved my finger to the block button. Then I broke down in tears.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and rocked back and forth, sobbing and hugging myself. I felt utterly and completely broken. There was no other was to describe it.

I longed for fresh air, so I opened the small roof door to my balcony. I collapsed on the edge of my lawn chair, with silent tears streaming down my face.

That's when I heard it; the rustling of wings. I was quite familiar with this noise. An akuma. My heart pounded. I couldn't be akumatized; I had to be Ladybug! I struggled to breath and desperately tried to cling to happier times.

The akuma drew closer. I grabbed an ordinary stick from the ground and tried to fend the akuma off that way, but it latched onto the stick instead. Oh no. This was bad. I threw the stick across the balcony, but it bounced off of the railing and came almost straight back to me. Then everything slowed down.

"Hello, Justice Queen. My name is Hawkmoth." Oh Lord no. I couldn't do this. "I will give you the ability to set justice towards those who hurt you."

I tried to protest but my mouth wouldn't move. Tears slid down my cheeks once again.

"All you must do in return is bring me Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous," he finished, waiting for my response.

I was frozen. I didn't have my miraculous or Tikki at the moment; how could Chat Noir save me? I protested to myself, saying that Paris needed me, and I couldn't be akumatized.

But could I? It wasn't fair that everyone else got to live their lives how they wanted. There was so much hurt in me, I wanted justice to be served, especially to Lila. As much as I knew I shouldn't, I desperately wanted to. To experience this side of life. And that sliver of doubt was enough to slip me into Hawkmoth's grasp.

"Yes, Hawkmoth," I said, retrieving the stick, and let his transformation envelope me.

Adrien POV

I was riding with Hank, my bodyguard, home from fencing. I looked out the window, and that's when I saw her. A girl with long, dark hair past her ankles was riding on a floating cloud-like thing. She held a scepter in her hand, occasionally blasting people with a bright purple light. They incinerated on impact.

Her eyes haunted me. They were entirely black, spare the bright purple pupil, and were filled with rage and hate. Tears were constantly flowing from her eyes and onto her long sleeved dark purple dress. The path of her tears was stained black, as though mascara had been running down her cheeks for hours. She looked so desperately alone.

But she was an akuma victim, and I needed to save her. Thankfully, she hadn't seen me yet. I commanded Hank to pull over, which he did. Immediately I ran off in the other direction. Then I heard a familiar voice; Alya.

"Oh, no, Marinette!" The akumatized girl was Marinette? "Please, stop! Just wait here!" Alya continued, her voice breaking from tears. "Ladybug and Chat Noir can save you!"

Then I heard Marinette's unmistakable voice. "I'm afraid I'm long past the point of redemption," she said coolly, incinerating Alya.

I needed to save her. I ran into a side alley, and Plagg flew out. He looked even more distraught than I felt.

There was no time to waste. "Plagg, we have to save—"

"Hold your horses, kid." Plagg sighed. "Marinette should've never been akumatized. But if she was, there was a protocol. And I have a message from Tikki, who I can now sense has gone dormant in her miraculous."

I blinked, confused. "Wait, what does that mean?"

He smiled sadly. "It means we need to make a little pit stop."

Ah yes, another chapter! Hope you liked it, and if you did please leave a like! If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or recommendations, please leave a comment; I love hearing what you think! Have a great day!

See ya soon!!