Chapter 5

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone! Let's make 2020 a great year. Apologies for the long delay, I was taking a well needed vacation. Anyway, in regards to the story Chat Noir is going to need Ladybug's miraculous to defeat Marinette. Hope you all enjoy!

Adrien POV

I stared at Plagg. "What?"

"We need to go, now. Ladybug isn't coming this time."

Ladybug, not coming? Impossible. What on earth did Plagg mean?

"What's that supposed to mean, Plagg? She always comes."

He was about to answer but quickly disappeared into my jacket. I was confused for a brief moment until I saw Nino running towards me.

"Adrien! Marinette's been akumatized! Where are Ladybug and Chat Noir?" He gasped, out of breath.

I reached out to comfort him, but saw that Marinette had crept up behind us and aimed to shoot Nino.

"Look out!" I screamed, pushing him out of the way.

We hit the ground and rolled a few times before coming to a stop. I immediately jerked upright. Nino stared at me, then thanked me repeatedly for saving him.

"Adrien!" Marinette called. "Just who I wanted to see! Now, tell me, why would you ever choose Lila over me?" She laughed cruelly.

"Marinette, please, I don't know what I could have possibly done to make you this upset. So let's just talk about this, you know, reasonably?" I pleaded.

"I'm Justice Queen, from now until forever!" She laughed again, then proved her point by incinerating Nino.

"No!" Devastated, I turned back to Marinette. "No, Ladybug and Chat Noir will save you!"

She chuckled. "Ladybug won't be coming today, naïve Adrien. And that alley cat couldn't do much to me."

My eyes widened. Plagg was right about Ladybug not coming. I needed to talk to him, to figure out what we were gonna do. I ran as fast as I could away from Justice Queen.

Finally, I stopped, bending over out of breath, and Plagg hovered in front of me.

"Ready to listen, kid?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Good." he sighed. "Now, where to begin, where to begin..." he muttered. "Oh yes! Basically, Tikki, Ladybug's kwami, sent me an SOS message earlier. Her owner had been... separated from her miraculous. Got that so far?"

I nodded again. I wished Plagg would just hurry up so we could save Marinette.

He sighed. "Now comes the tricky part. Sugarcube made me promise not to hint anything to you, but... I can't think of anything else to tell you that would make enough sense. You gotta promise me, kid, that whatever you figure out today, you can't tell anyone. Can't even change your behavior too dramatically."

"Plagg, what are you talking about?"

He closed his eyes. "Ladybug's miraculous is in Marinette's bedroom."

I gasped. "Wait, what? But why? How—"

Plagg cut me off. "Just transform, kid. I'll explain more once we're there."

I agreed with him. Now was not the time or place to have a lengthy discussion. Plus I didn't know where Justice Queen went, and I didn't want to risk anything. Best to get somewhere safe as fast as possible.

"Alright. Plagg, claws out!"

Narrator's POV

Nadja Chamack stepped out onto the streets of Paris, live broadcasting the latest akuma victim. Families everywhere tuned in to see Ladybug and Chat Noir defeat the villain. Especially Tom and Sabine Dupain-Cheng, whose daughter was the victim.