Duet With Myself - Part 9

"I think it's a love spell. Or something," Sam said.

"You know what?" Phantom said. "I don't hate it."

Fenton was hugging him with an enthusiasm he'd never displayed before. They were actually facing each other, chest to chest, and he was rubbing his hands up and down Phantom's back.

And nuzzling his cheek into Phantom's hair.

"Seriously?" Sam snapped her fingers in their faces. "Did you both get spelled?"

Phantom pulled away from the hug. "Sorry."

Fenton was not pleased. "Just ignore her!"

"How do we get him back to normal?" Phantom said.

"I guess by killing Ember?"

"She's already dead."

"There's gotta be a way to destroy a ghost."

"I thought we were just going to capture her?"

Fenton rolled his eyes while they talked and put his arms around Phantom again. This time from behind.

He kissed the top of Phantom's head, then rested his chin there.

Phantom laughed. "Are you trying to make me feel small?"

"I like cuddles," Fenton said. "Didn't you want them too?"

"Well yeah but-" For the first time, Phantom realized something. "Hey guys, I'm not floating!"

Sam frowned. "So? You've done that before."

"But I've never kept it going for this long." Phantom untangled himself from Fenton and hopped three times.

Each time he came back down to the ground. Then, just to be sure, he jumped as high as he could and decided to float.

He stayed in the air. "That's a relief. I thought I wouldn't be able to fly."

Fenton clapped encouragingly.

"What is going on with you lately?" Sam said. "You're all over the place."

Phantom landed on the ground again. "I dunno," he said. "I just... I'm still getting used to this, I guess."

"To being a ghost?"

"Yeah."

"Well now's not the time for experiments," Sam said. "We need to get back down there. And I'm sorry Danny but you're too dangerous to come with us."

Fenton glared at her and grabbed Phantom's arm, "You can't separate us!"

"Dangerous? He seems harmless."

"Are you forgetting the time I almost plummeted to my death because of him?"

"Oh, right." Phantom waggled a finger at Fenton. "That was wrong. Don't do it again."

"Are you mad at me?" Fenton said.

"Uh, not that mad?" Sam was glaring at him. "Mildly angry."

She huffed.

"Okay, I'm furious."

Fenton's eyes watered and Phantom backpedaled. "But I forgive you! Don't cry."

Fenton cried anyway. The silently tragic kind of tears. He covered his face with his hands to stifle his expression.

"I take it back," Phantom said. "I miss the old Fenton."

"You're leaving me," Fenton said. "I'm an obstacle."

"Sam please tell me what to do here."

"Oh, I don't know," she said. "You could carry him home, tuck him into bed, and kiss him passionately. Then just disappear. That always works."