2.

March 12th, 1986
Charlotte, North Carolina

I tip toed out of Shawn's room, careful not to wake him and Marlon up.

As I walked out of the room backwards, I slowly closed the door making sure I didn't make a sound.

I successfully made it to out of the room, and as soon as I was turning around I bumped into someone and stumbled backwards.

"What the hell-" Uncle J says.

" Uncle J!" I yell, regaining my balance to give him a hug.

"What the hell wrong with you girl. You know I'm old. You trying to knock me over and shit."

"I'm sorry Unc I didn't see you." I laugh.

"It's alright. You didn't mean no harm." He smiles. " What you been up to? I missed you coming over everyday at our old house."

" I miss those days." I sigh. " Well I'm here now so you'll be seeing more of me."

" Oh lord." he rolls his eyes.

" What-"

"I'm messing with you." He chuckles. " What you doing up early anyways?"

"I'm always up early." I shrug. " And plus I really have to use the bathroom."

"Well I'm going to warn you now about the smell in there."

I shake my head as I walk into the bathroom.

As I step foot into the bathroom, the smell hit nose. "damn!" I say scrunching my face in disgust as I walked out. "What the hell did you eat?!?"

"Watch your mouth while you under my roof!"

"The way its smelling in there, I couldn't help it."

" It don't smell that damn bad in there." He laughs

"Yes it does."

He laughs even harder, " Well you gonna have to hold your breath."

I pull up my night shirt to cover my nose as I walked back in the bathroom. Once I got back in the bathroom I grabbed the spray and sprayed the whole bathroom.

" Don't make no damn sense." I mumble to my self.

I quickly used the restroom because it was so hard to breath in there.

After I got out of the bathroom I went downstairs to the living room to watch tv.

When I got to the living room, I flopped down on the couch and grabbed the remote that was sitting right beside me.

Once I turned on the tv 'The Cosby Show' was on. I didn't want to watch that show at that exact moment so I flipped the channels and I stopped once I saw that 'The Jeffersons' was on.

" If that ain't me and my best friend." I mumble to myself as I laugh.

"That's a very funny show." an unfamiliar voice said behind me.

I jump then quickly snap my head around.

I saw an unfamiliar person learning on the counter next to the kitchen. He was a tall, caramel boy with thick glasses that was hiding how beautiful his eyes were.