5.

March 15th, 1986                                      Charlotte, North Carolina

         " Look what you did retard. You knocked her out. Its been a long time since she's been awake."

" I would've never tried to hit you if you weren't acting like a total ass."

" Don't you dare blame me" Donald whispered-yelled.

My eyes began to twitch and slowly open. 

"She's opening her eyes" I heard Dalvin whisper.

" What the hell." I breathed out squinting my eyes and holding my head. I felt as if I had the worst headache ever. Every part of my head was hurting and on top of that it was throbbing.

" What happened?" I questioned.

" Dalvin knocked you out." Donald scoffed.

" By accident." Dalvin added.

" I don't really care right now. Can someone just please give me an aspirin." I say trying to sit up.

I heard feet shuffling as I grabbed the ice pack that was laying next to me.

As I placed it on my head Donald handed me an aspirin and a glass of water.

I looked around and noticed I was in the nurse's office which was quite spacious.

I quickly swallowed the pill and washed it down with the water, " How long have I been out?" 

" For a few hours" Donald states. " Do you need anything?" 

" No. I'm feeling fine." I lied. " I just want to go home. You guys can come with me If you want."

" Are you sure?"

" Yeah. My parents are at work. I don't mind." I force a reassuring smile on my face.

" Won't we get in trou-"

" Yes we'll go." Dalvin says cutting of Donald.

                                         --------------------------------------------------

      My first day at Hidden Valley High was definitely a day to remember. I remember that day like it was yesterday. 

We were just kids then. Innocent care free kids.

But things are different now and we're grown with responsibilities.

I miss those days. We were living life and taking each day as it came. 

If someone told me that this is how I would be living in only a few years, I would laugh in their face and accuse them of lying.

Author's note:   Sorry for the short chapter. There will only be a few more high school chapters and then we'll get into the main part. Hope you enjoyed.