Chapter 5: Violet

Me and Ash always had one thing in common-we ran away from our troubles. Just one example was during the Halloween Dance when Ash got rejected by Ryan. It was a common habit of ours, and I cannot tell you how many times we've been called "Chickens" since we first became friends. Anyway, I ran out of the Dining Hall and continued until I came across a door that read "Girls Room" and ran in, praying it was a washroom. It was, thankfully. I was about to lock myself in a stall when Violet came in.

"Look! I'm sorry! Ivy is, well, not the nicest person around."

"You think?"

Violet sighed, "She always does that to the new kid. Ignore her. There are much bigger jerks around here. Anyways, I'm sorry I didn't formally introduce myself before. Name's Violet. And Alice is," she rolled her eyes, "my roommate."

"Really? You have roommates here?" I gulped. This was getting worse by the minute.

"Only if you-"she paused for a moment, "arrived at Angel Academy during the same minute as someone else. It's pretty common."

I banged my head on the mirror, "I'm doomed. I've already made an enemy and she made me look like a fool."

"Don't worry. I told you, she'll pick on you until there's someone else to pick on."

"And now long will that take?"

"Depends. We have about one or two people coming to our wing every week, and about 30 people graduate every year. I guess it depends on how intimidating you look."

"Wow. How long have you been here?"

"Two years. And I've got about 4 more coming." She sighed, "but you do get used to it very quickly, the school itself I mean. Having "Little Miss Sunshine-y Perfect" as a roommate? Not so much."

I laughed, "Yeah. I have all my classes with her. She is my guide apparently."

"Ouch. You'll survive?"

"Why is she so bad? She seems nice."

"She has random mood swings that she can't seem to control. She may be all peppy and nice on the outside, but she can easily get very angry and depressed."

"Why?"

"It's because-"she cut herself off, "I don't know. No one has told me."

"Oh." Violet and I stood there for a few moments in complete silence. She obviously did know, but why couldn't she tell me?

"Violet broke the silence, "Well, we better get going to class. Which class are you in?"

"Alice showed me the schedule. Mr. McKinley."

"Cool. I have him too. He's the wing's history teacher. Want me to show you where the classroom is? Breakfast should almost be over."

"Sure." I had absolutely no idea where his classroom was, so I needed her to show me. Or Alice, but I was sort of scared by the fact that she had mood swings.

"Great." She smiled at me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's short, I just needed a chapter to introduce Violet to Nick, so this chapter is useless to the story (besides Alice's mood swings.) Violet is an important character, so introducing her is manditory. Next (hopefully longer) chapter I'll try to upload soon enough. :)