Chapter 12: The Secret

Meanwhile, what was happening to Lilith after her breakdown:

   Curled into a tiny ball on the cold floor of the old cottage, Lilith cried until her eyes were burning from the salty liquid and she felt empty inside. Eventually, her tears dried out and the sobbing began to calm, grasping on the calming feeling of the emptiness. Calming? No, not quite calming... Familiar? Numbing... Yes, numbing!! That's what she felt, just numb inside, concentrating on the feeling, she began to think, and a soft smirk washed over her face as she sat up a little, gently supporting herself with one arm. 'Can't be hurt if you don't feel anything, can you?' slightly hysterical laughter broke from her lips and the unwanted memories of her encounters with the Dark Lord flashed through her mind 'You're a worthless piece of shit Lilith! Do you hear me?! You are dirt beneath my hoofs! Do you really think that I'd ever let you reign by my side? You?' the sound of the goat man's chuckle echoed in her ears and Lilith grabbed her head, covering her ears in panic for a few seconds.

   Greedily taking in a couple of deep breaths, Lilith raised her head "It's just a stupid memory." An exhausted sigh came from her lips and as she stood up, heading upstairs to her bedroom. In the master bedroom was a large wardrobe room with all her shoes and outfits neatly in their places. The brunette woman bit her lower lip as she moved the tips of her fingers over the dresses and coats "It's just a memory, and I won't let it spoil such a wonderful evening" she smirked "Cornelia my little dove, you have some hard choices to make tonight" an excited giggle came from somewhere deep inside "But don't worry baby, Momma Lilith is gonna be right there to help you make the right choice". With this in mind, Lilith decided to go for a more dominant look, putting on a tight black dress that ended just above her knee, black heels, and a gorgeous leather coat. On the way out she passed by the bathroom, dropping a quick glance in the mirror and fixing her hair and makeup, returning her lips to the same irresistible color of rich wine and giving herself a wink "Time to have some fun" she giggled running down the stairs and grabbing her handbag. Inside the car, Lilith took a quick glance at Cornelia's student file and checked the address. 'It can't really be?' she thought for a moment frowning her eyebrows and looking closer at the paper, switching the small lights in her car on. Cornelia's house was the closest one to Riverdale and the furthest out from the Greendale center, a rather large old cottage 'Too big for one' she thought for a second as she started the engine and drove off.

   Not long after her car was securely parked in the driveway and the woman slowly stepped out into the chilly evening air. Walking up to the dark cottage, she noticed that the lights were off and her car was gone, making the witch pout in disappointment. Deciding that her plans weren't to be ruined the woman muttered a few words and watched the front door open before her "Now that's much better" she chuckled, entering the house and shutting the door behind herself. The woman carefully made her way around the house, switching the light on as she went along. The house was well decorated, a little old-fashioned but elegant, just the way Lilith liked it. In the living room stood a big old sofa and an oaken table that had an old cabinet next to it. Curious Lilith came closer, opening the cabinet to find a few bottles of wine and a bottle of whiskey inside. "Oh, Cornelia! You're quite a wonder" she chuckled pouring a cup of whiskey and making herself comfortable at the table.

   Lilith sat still and listened to the sounds of the silent house. An occasional whisper of wind rattling through the corridors, or the scraping of the tree branches against the window, behind her the clicking of the antique clock echoed loudly through the living room, counting the minutes of its owner's absence. A few more glasses went down in the next hour, plunging the guest into utter boredom before they finally had enough. Slowly standing up Lilith looked around the room 'Where is the wretched creature!?' She asked herself, annoyed, while heading out into the kitchen to see if she had a calendar there or anything else that could pinpoint the location of the brunette's desires.

   Turning around the corner the witch followed through an arch that led her to the kitchen. A swift movement of her fingers flipped the light lever and as the room lit up a sudden gasp erupted from her mouth. Right before her was a set of thick creamy colored curtains with big pink flower print. "Eh, that just makes me want to puke,'' the woman exclaimed and came over to the curtains, hesitating for a second as she reached her hand out to them but then proceeding to roughly rip them off. "Much better" she smirked and looked at the window for a second, frowning as she saw a thick layer of white substance on the window sill. Confused, Lilith walked around the room noticing that the substance was all over the door frames and window sills. Carefully Lilith dipped her finger into it and put some of the powder in her mouth "Hmm" she spat it out immediately "Yuk, salt!" Something inside Lilith began to turn 'She knows, she definitely knows!' For a second everything went dark and Lilith tried to understand who Cornelia was 'a hunter? But salt... running away from her? Attracting attention...no that wench is no hunter.'

   Lilith looked around the room for anything that could suggest Cornelia's whereabouts. Wrecking the draws open as she searched through heaps of papers in frantic fury, one after another the papers were falling over the kitchen floor until at the bottom of one of the draws something caught Lilith's attention. A simple black card with the logo 'Riverdale Blossoms' and the address, printed neatly in petite gold letters. The woman placed the card in one of her coat's pockets and clicked her fingers, returning the papers back to their rightful places. With this, the brunette hurried out of the house and back to her car, determined to pay 'Riverdale Blossoms club' a visit.