10. Secret half sisters

Clary P.O.V

I walked through the halls of the institute as quickly as possible. I had felt that everyone was staring at me and I didn't like it. I kept my head down and picked up my pace. Unfortunately for me, keeping your head down and being in a hurry isn't the greatest idea. I looked up and saw Izzy and Lillian, just as I collided with both of them. We all fell to the ground in a heap. 

"Im so sorry you guys. I should have been paying attention." I said and sat up. Lillian looked slightly dazed as she looked at me.

"Lilly are you okay?" Isabelle asked. Lillians attention snapped to Isabelle and she nodded. I looked down at Lillians clothes and my heart sank slightly. I recognized them anywhere. They were Jace's. Lillian noticed me staring and wrapped her arms around herself. 

"Isabelle, can I talk to Lillian for a second? Ill bring her to your room when were done." I looked at Isabelle, who silently got up and left. Lillian and I both stood up and went into the empty den next to us.

"What?" Lillian asked. I looked at her and sighed.

"Im sorry. Im sorry you had to find out this way. I know how it feels. Im here if you have anything you need to talk about.." I trailed off.

"We're gonna go talk to him...Jace and I." She said hesitantly.

"Is that a good idea?" I asked. Lillian shrugged.

"I need to know, Clary. I need to talk to him. All these years I thought my dad was dead. In reality my father is the most hated man in the shadow world." I looked at her. She looked scared, confused and slightly helpless. I remembered that feeling. What it felt like when I learned I had a monster as a father. I could only sympathize with her, but at the end of the day she was right. 

"You and Jace?" I asked. She looked at me. 

"I dont know what....last night happened so fast...this is all happening so fast..." She sat down next to the window. I nodded.

"Its alright. He is a really great guy. I hope things work out with you. He does seem to really care about you. He doesn't tend to fall hard for many girls, I know. But he likes you. He really does." I said. My heart hurt to say it but it needed to be said. I needed to move on. Jace wanted Lillian. My time was done. Lillian smiled and stood up. Carefully, she moved towards me and hugged me gently. 

"Im not sure the protocall for having a secret half sister that shares the same horrendous father, but I think hugs are acceptable." She whispered. I chuckled. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all. 

----

Lillian P.O.V

After Izzy had gotten me changed and fixed up, I headed back to find Jace. I wanted to get this over with, but I was curious also. I needed to talk to Valentine. I knocked on Jace's door and he had opened it within seconds. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into his room, closing his door.

"Well hi." I said. 

"No one can know what were doing. Alec is going to get the keys to let us in." I nodded my head and looked at him. He looked tense and worried. I bit my lip.

"Ok." I said quietly. He sighed.

"I didnt mean to be harsh its-"

"I get it Jace. Its okay." I cut him off and said. He looked at me for a long while.

"You look beautiful." He said. I looked down at myself. I was wearing black leggings and a red blouse with black heels, all Izzys of course. 

"Thank you. Apparently you have to dress nice when youre meeting your criminal father for the first time." I joked. Jace stepped forward and grabbed my hand. I met his eyes.

"Dont you think this is happening fast?" I asked. His eyes flashed with an emotion I didn't recognize and he dropped my hand and walked to the other side of the room.

"Jace thats not what I meant." I tried to recover the situation before it got worse. 

"Then what did you mean? Huh? That last night shouldn't have happened? That you regret-"

"Regret? Jace no." I said. He froze. I walked to him and gently placed my hand on his lower back. He sighed and turned around.

"Im sorry. I shouldn't have snapped. I just....I care about you." He said quietly. I got up on my tip toes and kissed him softly. 

"I know. We'll figure it out. But you wont lose me." I said. The door to Jace's room swung open and I turned around.

"Ready?" Alec asked, looking directly at me. Looking back at Jace, who put his hand on my shoulder, I took a deep breath.

"Lets go." I said.