Chapter 14

(M/N)'s POV:

I had spent the wrest of the day playing video games with Ben in his room. I had to admit, it really took my mind off things. Though he was beating me, destroying me, even trampling over his own high score, but it was honestly adorable seeing him get excited over every win.

"Are you even trying dude?" The small blonde looked at me with a confused look on his face, I stared back giving an unamused expression. "Of course I am," I spoke sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and gave a small laugh, putting the controller down, gazing out the window. "It's this late already?" The young gamer touched the glass window with his pale looking fingertips, my eyes widened in horror when I realized....I had no place to go for the night.

Nowhere to live..what am I gonna do? Hugging my knees I dropped the controller, triggering Ben's Attention. "(M/N)? What's the matter ?" He asked, concern present in his voice. "I-I-" my words were interrupted when the door suddenly slammed open.

"What are you two doing awake at this hour?" The tall creature stood in the corridor tapping his foot impatiently. Ben rubbed the back of his neck and looked down, "I-i was just about to sleep.. sorry slender.." the young boy apologized rushing into his emerald green sheeted bed. I gulped when I felt his non-existent eyes land on me. "Follow me child." His voice made me tremble, I was scared. He was going to send me home...my legs started to shake as I followed him down the hall.

"Now then, what I wanted to say wa-" "p-please don't send me home...my dads probably there waiting to beat me up and I can't go to school because everyone saw me and my best friend kitty saw me too so I can't go to her place and I don't know where to g-" "I'm not sending you home, calm yourself." The tall creature kneeled down in front of me, placing his abnormally long hand on my cheek wiping my tears away.

"If I wanted to send you home, I wouldn't have bought you here." The creature of darkness spoke, suddenly lifting me off the ground into his arms. "Wha-" "try not to make too much noise, everyone's asleep." He spoke whilst carrying me further and stopping in front of a room with a dark blue door. The formal creature set me down on my feet and entered the room with me. It looked so very comfortable, black carpeting, an azure sheeted bed, long silver tainted curtains and a glass wardrobe.

"You'll be staying here From now on, I won't let you go anywhere. You belong here now, with children like you, with us...with me." He spoke sending shivers down my spine..."I don't know what to say..." I looked up at him at a loss of words...how grateful was I..I could never express.

"Thank you slender..." a warm smile spread across my face as fresh hot tears made their way down my cheeks, oh God why the heck am I crying? And why in front of him?? The tall creature kneeled down, cupping my cheeks in his abnormally large hands. "Hm?" I tilted my head in confusion. The faceless creature stared at me for a good 2.5 seconds before giving a small chuckle. "You're adorable." He spoke softly, making a blush spread across my face. Wait, blush? No why? Why would I blush??!!