Chapter 18

(M/N)'s POV:

"We should head back." That was the one sentence that instantly escaped my lips without a second thought. Ben nudged me and laughed, shaking his head. "Don't be such a baby, we made it this far. Can't just touch the place and go back." He shook his head and started to head towards the gate. My eyes instantly landed upon the broken lock....

someone had already been here....

"Come on, it's already open." Jeff sighed in excitement. A chill ran down my spine the moment we entered the abandoned building. Something's not right. The walls were old and rotten, light green paint was chipping off of the concrete. The floor was flooded with  scrapes and dirt. There was no light except the rays of sunshine coming from the windows...I felt like I was in a horror movie...the air was pungent with a strange, rotten, almost sickening smell. I automatically covered my mouth and nose, trying to block the smell out. Ben had noticed it too, but he wasn't as bothered by it as I was.

"That's enough for today kids, if and I'm only saying IF slender notices our absence, Ben would be dying a second time." "WHY ME!?" The blond shot a deadly glare at jack, who rolled his eyes and started heading back towards the entrance. I gave a sigh of relief, we're finally leaving this dreadful place. The monochrome clown reached for the handle, pushing it forward.

"Open it already man!" Ben groaned, pushing hun aside and trying for himself.

The clown turned around, shooting me and Jeff a puzzled look.

"It won't open." He spoke, almost shook.

"You take that back-" the gamer spoke as he frantically tried to push the door open. My heartbeat sped up, I felt panic rushing over me. Jeff noticed this and quickly held my hand. "Calm down (M/N), it's probably just stuck. These doors are old-

"HOW CAN IT BE STUCK!? THE LOCK WAS BROKEN FROM THE OTHER SIDE-!!" The blond was also panicking, banging his body against the door only to be pulled back by laughing jack, in attempt to calm him down.

The clown knew something. But he wouldn't speak up. I could sense it the moment his eyes displayed emotions of fear and shock. He looked towards me and Jeff, while holding onto bens shivering body. "Were gonna have to find another way." Jeff nodded and rubbed my shoulder, assuring me that all will be okay.

Jack led the way, walking forward into the hallways as we followed behind. I looked around...God this place was creepy. The only sound we heard was the sound of our footsteps and water dripping in a distance somewhere. The monochrome clown held onto the shivering blonds hand tightly, making us follow him up the stair case. Something isn't right here....I can feel as if we're being watched...in fact...the moment we stepped into this place I knew we were being watched.

The hairs on my body stood still as all of us stopped against the stair case. Rooms and chambers were open, some displaying an electric chair while others displaying tools of torture and a fish rod tied to two ends of the room....I wanted to vomit. This is disgusting. Why the hell would they even have these things for an Asylum..it looked more like a torture chamber.

"We need to split up." The monochrome clown stated, to which the gamer shook his head in dismay. "No man! That's the one thing we shouldn't be doing!" The fear in his voice was present. "We don't have a choice Ben, moving in a cluster isn't going to get us anywhere." Jeff sighed.