//ten//

i just rolled up a sticker and lit it , shit wtf was i thinkin' omg nd thn i smoked it nd now my mouth tastes like burnt stickers.....ew

song / absolutely by nine days

photo / precious

keek / idk i forgot which one lol

☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹

"I just don't get why she had to die, y'know?" I roll out on my skateboard from under the front bottom of the car.

Luke lets out a light laugh. We're in the middle of discussing the book he last lent me. His laugh a real teaser.

"At first, I started reading it and I was reading it in a girl's point of view, up until, like, the sixth page. That kind of fućked me up for a few days. After that, I couldn't put it down! Hey, pass me that. Will'ya?" I point at the tool in his hand, the exact one I need for the part I've been stuck on for the longest now.

Luke swiftly tosses the wrench he was playing with over and I catch it in one hand. "I really loved their asian friend; but in the end, he pissed me the fućk off!"

"Can't catch the motherfućking fox!" Luke howls, running around the old Charger in circles. I watch his feet from under here, chuckling to myself.

"I think we're good!" I get out for possibly the last time. I hop up on my feet, wiping the black smudges on my hands on my work clothes. "It's not leaking anymore," I shout in excitement, running to him. We chest bump, me having to jump a little higher than he did to reach.

I'm almost pushed to the ground but balance myself before that happens. "Ofph." I groan. The pain in my breasts caused by the forced we both used.

Luke and I share looks and begin laughing.

"It's cold out here. Let's get you inside, yeah?"

I walk alongside him and nod, resting my head wear his long arm meets his shoulder. "I'm glad we finally got to fix that." I refer to the 1970 Dodge Charger RT that's been sitting in our garage for as long as I could remember. It's an old project of my brother's.

That was what he did - of course I don't know if he still does because I haven't talked to him in ages - take an old classic and work on it for quite some time, and when it's finally the way he'd planned for it to look like, that was when he'd finally let us see. Because from the day he brings it in, not one soul is allowed the permission to go the the garage and see until he is completely done. But when he went away, he left this ole' baby behind. So. I took over.

When I started, I only knew the basics, now, with my own motivation for research and Luke's help, I've gotten pretty far.

"You go get cleaned up . . . I'll get everything ready." Mum and Dad aren't home, gone back to work. I invited him over. I mean, we haven't seen one another since late November-early December. That's been some time.

"Aw, no, Luke. S'alright. I can wash up later."

"But you smell like motor oil." He stutters.

"Does that brother you?"

"Very much so," he chuckles, pushing me up the stairs.

-

soz i had to go, mum called for a family meeting tonight xx

It was a text he left me about three minutes ago. "Dang it." I sigh.

I realise I'm quite hungry and walk over to the kitchen to make me some pasta. I takeout my phone and listen to The 1975 on a low hum as I'm working. "JESUS FUĆKING CHRIST." Through gritted teeth, I murmur as it is when I was making the sauce, it boiled everywhere, especially all over my arm. I find a kitchen towel to wipe everything down after I washed my arm with cold water to cool it off.