Rescue

(3rd person)

"For the last time, I'm NOT joining your Peace Council!" Shadowstorm screams, slamming his fist on a table.

"Shadowstorm, calm your temper. You would be a great addition to our council. Your fiery ways and argument skill will help us." Blaze said in a calm tone.

"I'm a loner, and Isaac is too. You haven't been inside his brain. There are dark parts within him. I can't join unless he wants, and I don't see any way to transport humans here, do you?" Shadowstorm lifts his arm and points around the room.

"Very well." Blaze sighs. He swipes his hand through the air and Shadowstorm is cast out of fun land.

(1st person)

Adam, Austin and I keep walking, and eventually get to Karkaton.

"Jeez, this place is hotter than anywhere I've ever been. It's like Death Valley but even worse." Austin complains.

"We'll be out of here soon. What we're looking for is in that castle off in the distance." I say, pointing to an old, run down castle.

"That's the dark lords castle. It's been abandoned for years."

"After the Dark Lord was defeated."

"I know. My memories and the other me's memories are mixed. He knows everything I do, I know everything he does." I say.

We cross a lava river, and we come into a sort of cave. It's deathly hot, and I'm already sweating the second I step it.

"Jeez, I never knew this place was so hot." I groaned.

"Don't complain. That's how you get tired, save your strength." Adam says.

We keep walking but eventually hear a rumbling. We look up, and there are giant rocks and boulders falling toward us.

"Look out!" I shout. I dive to my left, but Adam and Austin went right.

"Guys! Are you alright?" I yell, pounding against the rocks.

"Yeah, we're fine. Try to find the exit! We'll meet you there!" Austin says.

I say alright and start off.

I walk on the path, but it gets increasingly dark, and the lava starts flowing the other way.

"That's weird." I say to myself.

I keep walking and eventually I hear a voice.

"Hello?" they say.

"Who's there?" I ask.

They start giggling, and now I'm creeped out.

I hear running footsteps, and I follow the sound.

I catch up to the silhouette, but they instantly dissipate as I touch them.

"Ugh, I'm hallucinating." I moan, rubbing my head.

"No you aren't, young one." says another voice.

I instantly dart up and look around.

"You don't recognize me?"

"How could I recognize you? You're in the shadows." I retort.

Suddenly a figure floats out from the darkness, hands behind his back.

"Alvah. I should have known." I growl.

"Ah, Ah. I can't let you advance to the castle. My master forbids me from letting outsiders in there."

"Outsiders?" I ask.

"You'll see."

"How about a deal? If I beat you, no magic, I get to pass, but if you win, you can keep me here as long as you want." I challenge.