24.

The next morning everything was quiet. Almost too quiet. I quickly put on clothes and brushed my hair. I ran down to the Mess Hall to see if anyone was up. As I passed the commander's office I heard a muffled growl and a soft thud. I turned back put my hand on the handle.

It sounded painful. I hope he is okay.

As carefully as I can, pushed down the handle and looked into the room. It was quite dark but I could see a tall figure standing in the middle of the room with something in its hand. I stepped into the room and closed the door behind myself. That was the point when he noticed me. I could tell that his eyes were already adjusted to the dark because I heard him smirk when he turned to me.

"Good morning darling"he stepped closer and kissed into my hair. I smiled at his gesture and reached for his hand."Did you sleep well?"

"Kind of"I grabbed whatever was in his hand and examined it, sighed as soon as I realised what was I holding.

He dropped his mug on his foot. Oh god so dumb but so cute.

I placed the mug on his desk then turned back to him. Now I could see his embarrassed face. I let out a soft laugh but hugged him at the same time.

"Sometimes you're clumsier than me"

He playfully pushed me away but immediately reached out to grab my arm in the fear of hurting me.

"Impossible. You're the clumsiest"

I giggled and felt his arm wrapping around me. I snuggled into his chest and breathed in his fresh scent. He just bathed.

"You once mentioned that you have another name. May I ask what is it?"his voice was gentle, he was caressing my waist.

"It's Fanni. My dad gave me this name but my mother wanted me to be April. So they decided to go with both"I put my head on his chest and could hear his calming heartbeat.

"It's so beautiful. Can I call you that way?"

I smiled and wrapped my hands around his waist looking up at him"You can"

"Thank you my beautiful Fanni"he smiled down at me and gently rubbed his nose to my."You didn't like it because it reminds you of your father, right?"

I nodded and closed my eyes simply enjoying his presence."But it's okay now"

He slowly pulled back still holding my waist."You should go down to eat"

"What about you? You need to eat too" he shrugged and let go of me slowly.

"I will. I just need a few hours. Paperwork you know"

I sighed and turned to the door"Promise me you won't strain yourself"

"I promise and I also promise that I will spend more time with you after this is over"

"Thank you"I blew him a kiss and stepped out of the room gently closing the door behind me.

Half an hour later I was still sitting in the Mess Hall chewing on my slice of bread. I had a pen in my right hand and was looking at a paper which had my handwriting on it. To be more precise it was a letter to my mother. I received a letter from her a few days ago. She asked about me and my partner. She was in a pretty close relationship with Nile so I guess he was the one who have told her about my date. I was hesitating. Should I send her the letter or not? I wanted to bring Erwin home and let them get to know the other but I wasn't sure about his reaction. Would he say yes or not? He is pretty busy nowadays and I don't want to put anything else on him.

I sighed and put my head on the table gulping the last piece of my bread.

"Why is it so hard?"

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder then somebody sat down next to me. I didn't have to look up to know who was it.

"Can I help you? You seem troubled"

I sighed as I put my chin on the table looking forward to a window. The curtains were bright white they were almost too clean to be true but living with Levi I learned nothing is too clean until you cleaned it at least a 100 times.

"I should be the one asking you this question. Sorry I will help you soon"

"It's okay. Now tell me what's bothering you my angel"he softened his voice and brushed his nose to my neck.

"My mother sent me a letter and she wants to see you but I know you need to take care of a lot of things so I didn't want to ask you to come with me"I sighed as I finished my long sentence. I slowly moved my fingers up to his hair to play with his soft locks. He let out a soft groan as I carefully pulled his hair a bit.

"Don't be silly. Off course I will come with you. We have to visit Pixis too but it won't take long"

My eyes brightened up and I jumped into his lap hugging him close, mumbling thank you into his chest smiling. I heard him giggle and the next moment I felt him pulling me closer by wrapping his arm around my waist.