In Which A Meeting Occurs

“Oh Emilyn! Relax! You’re acting ridiculously awkward!” Is what my friend Mira had said to me, apparently exasperated at my demeanor that day, as we began walking up the steps to a large building in downtown Tokyo

“Probably because I’m feeling awkward! Tell me again why you dragged me to work with you?” Was my snippy response as I gave her some serious side eye.

“I need help! Haruhi had to bail today because her kid is sick. This is my first high profile work, I’m nervous and I need you.” Mira snapped back, causing a sigh to leave my lips.

“Fine, fine! I’ll try my best to help. But I’m a professional choreographer Mira, not a professional photographer. You have me way out of my depth here.” Was my given response. It was the truth after all, my job was to make musicians look more talented in their videos, hers was to make them look good in magazines and on album covers. However, I could understand her nervousness.

“Thank you Emilyn! I promise, you won’t have to take pictures, I can do all of that, I just need you to help me set up the lights and back drops. I’ll do the hard part! Afterward, I’ll take you out to dinner, as a thank you, at your favourite place ok?” Mira offered, giving me a small smile.

Another sigh left my lips before my response. “Fine, fine, I’m holding you to that! And I’m ordering the most expensive thing on the menu!”

“Whatever! Now lets go!” Mira answered as she pushed the button on the elevator, once it came, we stepped into it and she pressed the button for the top floor. Explaining that she had done some of the prep the night before, by bringing all of her equipment by, so all we had to do was arrange it.

It didn’t take long to reach the floor we needed and soon after, we were stepping into a foyer and seeing the receptionist, told her who we were and what we were here for. The woman had smiled and nodded, asking us to follow her as she got up from her seat and lead us to the room we would be using.

Once we stepped inside I was dumbstruck by just who Mira would be photographing today, she hadn’t told me, so I had found it pretty hard to breathe but was soon brought out of my stupor by Mira’s voice, greeting the client.

“Ah! Good afternoon Kamijo! My name is Mira Amani and I’ll be your photographer today.” Then turning to me, she introduced me. “And this is Emilyn Bathory, she’s standing in for my assistant, who couldn’t make it today.”

My heart stopped a little when his ice blue, contacted, eyes fell on me and he smiled gently. It stopped again, when he spoke, his tone quiet and almost whisper like.

“Bathory? Like Lady Bathory? The Blood Countess? Interesting. Well, Emilyn, it is a pleasure to meet you.” He said to me, his eyes lingering, seemingly longer than necessary. He then swept his eyes lazily over to Mira.