In Which a Proposition is Given and A Date Planned

After the first meeting with Kamijo, a few months had passed

After the first meeting with Kamijo, a few months had passed. The country had slowly come to life and bloomed for Cherry Blossom season. It had been shortly after the festival, that I had seen him again.

The day we met once more, his visit had been totally unexpected. Walking into my office, a large space, that was decorated with beautiful black marble flooring and the walls were covered with edgy paper, designed to look like it had been smoke damaged. He had been wearing a black, casual suit, which had an extra long jacket that fell to just above his knees.

The suit itself was a little eccentric with a light jacquard print on both pants and jacket. He had teamed this with a simple white button down, which he left open, exposing his chest some and showing off his cross pendant. His hands were adorned with rings of black and ruby. His hair was curling around his face, framing it wonderfully. His eyes were only lightly ringed with eye-liner.

On his feet, he had shiny leather ankle boots on, a far cry from the platformed ones I’d seen him in the first time around. All in all, he looked good enough to eat and my body let me know of it’s appreciation of the view.

When walking into the room, I had been talking on my cellphone, but had jumped about a foot in the air when I realised my black leather couch was occupied. My phone dropped from my hand and hit the floor with a clatter, ending the call, as I gawked at the man who had made himself quite comfortable on the leather.

‘Ka..Kamijo, what are you doing here?’ I remember stuttering as I walked towards him, knelt down and picked up my abused phone, which had skidded to just in front of him. I grabbed my phone and then made the mistake of looking up at him. I gasped silently, as he lent forward and smiled beautifully. I hastily stood to my feet and stepped back a few paces, making him chuckle, the sound smooth and deep.

“I told you, Mademoiselle, that I wanted to find out more about you. However, that is only partially why I am here today.” He replied as he stood, then turning slightly, picked up a bouquet of red roses that had been sitting beside him.

I hadn’t noticed them when I had come into the room and seen him. He smiled again as he gracefully handed them over to me, with a quiet utterance of ‘for you’ on his lips. The smile almost split my face in two, or at least, that’s how it felt. I loved roses and these were beautiful, taking a strong pull of their scent, the smile got wider as a small sigh of bliss escaped me.

“Thank you Kamijo. They’re beautiful, although, you had no reason to do this. What can I help you with?” I asked.

“I didn’t have a reason no, I simply wanted to. What woman doesn’t like the occasional bouquet of roses? I hope you like them, I didn’t know what colour was your favourite, so I went with mine.” He replied with a soft smile, causing a shiver in my body.