An Intense Argument and a Question Asked

The night Kamijo asked me to marry him, it had come out of no where

The night Kamijo asked me to marry him, it had come out of no where. We had gotten into a spat, as he had been acting weird with me for days leading up to his proposal.  At first, I had thought I was just imagining things, and then we had company over.

We had long since gotten our house as we had wanted it, everything had a place and everything was in it’s place. The house had turned out beautiful and had become a gorgeous blend of both Kamijo and I and our tastes.

We were proud of our home and our friends enjoyed coming over to visit and stay with us, they would always say that it was homely and that they rarely wanted to leave. We enjoyed it too.

It was during one of these visits, when Masashi had come over with his wife and their young daughter, to have dinner with us and spend the night at our house. I had been making dinner, Masashi’s wife Sakura, helping me, even though I had told her no and that she was a guest. She had refused to sit and do nothing and so she ended up helping.

I remember watching Kamijo act totally normal with Masashi which wouldn’t have been weird, except when I had politely asked Kamijo to set the place settings at the table, he had cut his eyes over to me and then hastily looked away, acting like he hadn’t heard me. I remember glaring but let it slide. Then about ten or so minutes later Sakura had asked the exact same thing of him, he had acquiesced her without thought.

I fumed at this, so much so, that when I was setting out the meals, I had politely set everyone else’s down in front of them but had slammed Kamijo’s down, if he wanted to be rude to me in front of our guests, then to hell with male/female Japanese propriety.

He had glared up at me dangerously but I ignored him, turning on my heel and flicking my hair over my shoulder in dismissal. I then took my seat at the table, which I had moved as far from Kamijo as I could get, another insult, as propriety dictated that I should be seated beside, or to the side of my male partner. But I had already decided to hell with etiquette. He had pissed me off and didn’t deserve to be graced with my respect of his position. I ignored him the entire evening, making small talk with Masashi and Sakura, or playing with Mina, the entire night I could feel Kamijo’s eyes burning into me, his anger was almost a physical presence in the room but I really didn’t care.

Soon both Sakura and I had grown tired and after taking care of the dinner dishes, we both got Mina into bed, then decided that we would turn in ourselves. I lead her to the room that I had readied for her and Masashi to sleep in and after wishing her goodnight and thanking her for her help tonight, I left her be and made my way into mine and Kamijo’s room. I closed the door with a snap of finality and made my way into our bathroom, readying myself for bed. About twenty minutes later I walked out of the bathroom, still brushing my waist length hair out and almost ran into Kamijo.