In Which the Wedding Bells Finally Ring

Kamijo and I had, had months of bliss leading up to our wedding day and when the day finally arrived I felt so sick, due to my nerves

Kamijo and I had, had months of bliss leading up to our wedding day and when the day finally arrived I felt so sick, due to my nerves. I remember the night before, Kamijo readied himself to go and stay with Masashi, who was to be best man, at his house along with his groomsmen, while Sakura, who was to be my maid of honour and Mina my little flower girl, came to our house.

Also staying with me that night was Boa and Mira, my bridesmaids, Kamijo’s mother and my own mother Cerridwen, who Kamijo had flown out as a surprise to me. I had unfortunately lost my father Fergus to a horrible car accident when I was thirteen, so my mother was going to walk me down to Kamijo. It had been surreal, when he left our house randomly, saying he had errands to run and then he had come back with my mother a little bit later. I had cried as I pulled my mother close to me in a hug and then hugged him afterward, explaining that I couldn’t express to him, just how much his thoughtfulness had meant to me.

Before Kamijo had left though, he had presented me with a necklace and earrings set as a gift, asking if I could wear it for our wedding. I had said that yeah I could but that I had already bought my jewelry. He had smiled softly and said that he knew I had but that these had belonged to his paternal grandmother and had been gifted to him by his father for me. I had smiled in gratitude and told him that of course I would and that I would just change out of them before the reception, not wanting to risk losing them once the dancing and the celebrations started.

He had grinned and opened the box for me to see and I had gaped at the beauty of the items sitting in the velvet.

It was a sterling silver diamond and sapphire set. The pendant was a tear drop shape, with the sapphire in the center and diamonds bordering it the whole way around. The earrings followed the pendants design but on a smaller scale and they dangled past my earlobe. They were beautiful and I was proud to be wearing them. I had smiled even more and setting the jewelry box on my nightstand carefully, I pulled Kamijo into me, thanking him for the gift and then kissing him sweetly. Both of which he returned and with a ‘you’re welcome’ and ‘I’ll see you tomorrow.’ he picked up his overnight bag and walked out of our bedroom, downstairs and out the front door to the car after he had said his goodbyes to everyone else in the house.

The next morning when I woke up I had, had to run to the bathroom quickly as I knew I was about to lose the contents of my stomach. My mother had came in to wake me and heard me throwing up in the bathroom. She had rushed in, in a panic and taking hold of my hair, held it out of my face as I continued to throw up. Once I had stopped vomiting and had brushed my teeth after rinsing my mouth, she had asked me if I was pregnant. I had told her no, that I was on birth control.

She had nodded at me and then asked if maybe I was getting ill. I had told her no to this as well and that I had always thrown up with nerves and that, that was what was wrong with me. She had hummed in understanding and then walked me downstairs so that we could eat.